Schecter guitars................just how good are they?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so we've come to the conclusion that mikey needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

but also i think sixveesix needs to realize that because he worked on some ibanez's TWO DECADES AGO that maybe he should work on one in this century and then start speaking of the build quality. the majority of ibanez's out there arent made the same as the examples he is using.

in a sense all of us are right and wrong. i'm still going to say ibanez uses quality components in the fujigen guitars and crappier components in the korean guitars.

and yes the material a floyd is made out of can affect the tone, how much is up to your ear.

Rocky said:
mikeymike said:
I wonder why he would replace the entire bridge when the knife edges are removeable...

here is a PRIME example of how a googler like Mikey here can't get the whole picture.

POUNCE.

Mikey, come on over to TGP.

Yeah because he doesn't have a tech that would replace the knife edges alone because it's more economical than to replace the whole baseplate right? I didn't google it, I own 4 effing Ibanez guitars. I know what the hell I'm talking about, I know that they have removeable knife edges because I work on them. Get a life troll. Why are you trolling me? Are you intimidated? You do realize that I don't really feel like wasting my time explaining myself to you, this forum isn't my life unlike you.

RJ2213 said:
ok, so we've come to the conclusion that mikey needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

and yes the material a floyd is made out of can affect the tone, how much is up to your ear.

Yes of course it does, but who are you to say that you know the density of the metal affects the tone in a certain way. You just said it's up to your ears. One person might prefer the thin, hard-steel bridge on an OFR others might like the cast metal baseplate of the edge.

mikeymike said:
Rocky said:
mikeymike said:
I wonder why he would replace the entire bridge when the knife edges are removeable...

here is a PRIME example of how a googler like Mikey here can't get the whole picture.

POUNCE.

Yeah because he doesn't have a tech that would replace the knife edges alone because it's more economical than to replace the whole baseplate right? I didn't google it, I own 4 effing Ibanez guitars. I know what the hell I'm talking about, I know that they have removeable knife edges because I work on them. Get a life troll. Why are you trolling me? Are you intimidated? You do realize that I don't really feel like wasting my time explaining myself to you, this forum isn't my life unlike you.

ummm....no. YOU demonstrated a HUGE hole in your understanding that is demonstrated by my snip...the pounce means on YOU Mikey. And owning 4 Ibanez guitars just demonstrates nothing of your technical abilities. Rather it demonstrates that you have rather uninspired and bad taste.

I am not intimidated by you in the slightest. As for getting a life, I read this page b/c I have some Boogie gear...my posts to you dont take me any time at all.

Your 'i know my stuff' act is quite comical..you are funny and dont realize it (which makes your posts even better)

Like I said come on over to TGP...you will be laughed at but you will learn a little.

Mikey Mike, you are good for laugh, I do gotta give you that. Let's see.....

You don't like Gibson guitars because they are over priced.

"I'm not a Schecter fanboy by any means but I will say that Gibsons are overpriced junk. My friend has a Gibson V and it plays like garbage and feels cheaply made. I hate how much they charge for their crap."

"They're not worth the money they ask for them. Why don't they come set up properly from the factory for the price they charge? Even Korean made ibanez's come setup fairly well... I'm sure the fretwire and jack and wiring are not up to par nor are the pots... but even after replacing that you're not even close to the price of a stock les paul.. and everyone tosses those pickups anyway..."

Love the sweeping generalizations, always a sign of limited experience and scope. And then.......

....You defend the Steve Vai JEM thingie as being a great guitar when it is obviously at least $1,000 dollars overpriced.

"To call a J-Craft guitar cheap junk is something ridiculous if you ask me."

Didn't ask you, told you what I have seen. Overpriced, inferior components, pickup layout creates intonation problems unless you lower them way down. Not one of Ibanez' highest moments, you could build a much better kit guitar for under a grand easily. To continue.......

.....You spew forth nonsense at random that can hardly be deciphered.

"Yeah and the USA made Jackson football jacks are so much more superior than the Ibanez barrel.. are you kidding?"

Nobody mentioned Jackson but you. Comparing a football jack plate to an inline jack truly makes no sense, it is just mindless babbling. On the other hand, I like how you make lame excuses for the cheap guitars you can afford to own.

"I agree you can't make up for the frets. But, the guitar will sound fine with the frets that are on it if you get them levelled. You can do that yourself. They might not last as long as a les paul's but theyre not 100% trash like some chinese guitar..."

Can't make up for the frets? You play the frets, that is where the rubber meets the road. There is no reason to put up with inferior frets or the guitars that come with them. Too bad most Schecters and Ibanez' are not worth the bother of refretting. It isn't that hard to do but why bother gold plating a turd?

Overall, I love the consistency. I especially like when you called me a moron. I hope your Mom doesn't find out, she might take back your Schector and leave you with just the Epi Les Paul. Oh wait, it is "just as good as a real one!" ROTFLMFAO!!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Metaphorically speaking, discussing guitars with you is like watching Brittney Spears (you) talk about the theory of relativity with Albert Einstein (me).

This has been a hilarious waste of time and space, the idea of even asking if Schecter guitars were any good was so absurd that I had to jump in for a bit. Feel free to talk about me behind my back. I have stuff to worry about but that is not it.

Gone like Elvis.

He's left the building. As far as Gibsons being crap I always think of Slash full-on smashing his guitar into the stage and playing it the next night... after night... after night...

Rocky said:
mikeymike said:
Rocky said:

POUNCE.

ummm....no. YOU demonstrated a HUGE hole in your understanding that is demonstrated by my snip...the pounce means on YOU Mikey. And owning 4 Ibanez guitars just demonstrates nothing of your technical abilities. Rather it demonstrates that you have rather uninspired and bad taste.

I am not intimidated by you in the slightest. As for getting a life, I read this page b/c I have some Boogie gear...my posts to you dont take me any time at all.

Your 'i know my stuff' act is quite comical..you are funny and dont realize it (which makes your posts even better)

Like I said come on over to TGP...you will be laughed at but you will learn a little.

A huge hole in my understanding that Ibanez baseplates have removable knife edges? Please tell me they don't, so I know without a doubt you have no knowledge about Ibanez guitars.

I'm uninspired because I choose to waste my time arguing with a cretin like you in a forum that has nothing to do with Ibanez guitars I admit that much. I have set up countless guitars for friends and they all come back to me telling me how much better their guitars play. Word has gotten around and people are asking me to set their guitars up all the time now. Since I don't feel like turning a passion into a job I refuse to take it on. If I did however, I'd be working at a music store setting up floyd rose guitars the RIGHT way and making money off of my workmanship which is really good believe it or not. I'm not quite sure how you can discern my level of understanding with guitars and how to set them up because you don't know me in person or have seen the work I've done. You are pretty much making a huge mistake generalizing my skill level but, that's okay this is the internet. Everyone is good at guitar and everyone knows everything.

I sometimes wonder why I even bother replying to people because I know that even though I'm talking from the heart right now the only thing you trolls will do is read my posts and pick it apart without considering that I do know what the hell I'm doing setting up my guitars and others and without considering that you really don't know everything. Do me a favor before you hit the quote button this time. Sit back and think to yourself "hey maybe he really does know about Ibanez guitars a little better than I do, I would **** my pants if I played one guitar he's setup because the action is perfectly low and the strings don't choke." If you consider holding a guitar, I've set up, in your hands and it plays well maybe you shouldn't reply. I made an Indonesian kramer stryker play like a dream for a friend of mine and he would love to argue with you more than I about my abilities. I'm pretty much finished letting you troll me because it won't stop and it's breaking the rules of the boogie board anyway. You want to keep up the arguing, message me.

You say the words mikey but they dont ring true. I think you are a fraud and I am calling you on it.

But anyway guy, good luck and cheers

Rocky said:
You say the words mikey but they dont ring true. I think you are a fraud and I am calling you on it.

F off. I told you to stop talking about this in this thread are you brain dead or something? STOP trying to get the last word. Your opinion means nothing to me. If you respond to this via thread I will not see it because I unsubscribed to this thread. Do me a favor and try to control yourself. I'm putting forth the effort in discontinuing this conversation using this thread. Show some maturity and do the same. Thanks.

-Mike.

Jeff Loomis seems to love the heck out of his Schecters. Does anybody know if the ones he uses are from Korea or the USA Custom Shop? Just thought I'd get this trainwreck of a thread back on topic.

mikeymike said:
Rocky said:

F off. I told you to stop talking about this in this thread are you brain dead or something? STOP trying to get the last word. Your opinion means nothing to me. If you respond to this via thread I will not see it because I unsubscribed to this thread. Do me a favor and try to control yourself. I'm putting forth the effort in discontinuing this conversation using this thread. Show some maturity and do the same. Thanks.

-Mike.

I am in control in ways you clearly can't comprehend.

Most reviews i've read of Ibanez's say they are junk and fall apart, even the expensive models. Most reviews i've read on gibson say their quality control is poor when it comes to their paint jobs and other finishings. I have a friend who has a 7 string diamond series schecter. I wont even play it, when i set it up for him the neck was cricked and i had to push it back in place. The electronics were garbage and the pickups are thin and weak, and i don't think it would intonate properly.

I would like to apologise to everyone in the Boogie Board community for bringing this post into the world! :wink:

I thought it would bring out some divided opinions, but man oh man......................5 pages worth!

AWESOME!

ksime1 I wouldn't get to worried it's not your fault people took comments to personally. If someone told my my rig was junk i'd probably just laugh partly because almost everyone in this little area has peavey or SS junk. I like my rig though and no one can take that feeling away from me. At least with current technology!

I own three and soon to be four Suhr guitars, so you might call me a cork sniffer. But, I have owned three Schecters and they have been good, reliable mid-grade guitars. I owned a C-7, a C1+, and even a S-1. IMO they are good buys that are consistent. They are some of the better guitars that I have seen coming out of Korea. Cort is another maker that is putting out good product. Both Samick and Cort have upped the ante in the mid-grade market. Heck, these guitars are better than alot of the Fender and Gibson stuff that came out in the late 70' to late 80's. So, I still recommend them to the player who is coming out of the player pack set-up to something better. Who would complain with a C1+ and a Express 5-25 if you were just starting out? I wouldn't....... 8)

In my opinion Shecter really rocks.
In their price range they are good guitars, not perfect but very good.
I've had 3 of them, just sold one so now I have only 2 (a Syn Custom and a Tempest Custom w/EMG) and they are brilliant guitars!
Here's a demo:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=bhraMG4lDJs

Let me know ;)

Schecter guitars are amazing. Not only in tone, but in build, features and pure looks. I have two (C-1 Classic and C-1 Hellraiser) and I wish I could afford more. I've played all kinds of high priced guitars including PRS, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez gems..etc. Mine are my favorite by far. They just feel good.

chad_sux said:
Schecter guitars are amazing. Not only in tone, but in build, features and pure looks. I have two (C-1 Classic and C-1 Hellraiser) and I wish I could afford more. I've played all kinds of high priced guitars including PRS, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez gems..etc. Mine are my favorite by far. They just feel good.

I too have a C-1 Classic & C-1 Hellraiser! They're both excellent value & damned good guitars.

Back