Run my recto into a "road ready" bass cab???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookslikemeband

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you had run a recto into a Mesa bass cab??

It might be cheaper than trying to buy road cases for my current 4X12's (and easier to lug around).

I know Tremonti uses a custom built Mesa 2X15 to get extra whoomf!

Never done it with Mesa bass cabs, but I've do it with Peavey and Ampeg bass cabs.

It sounds very bassy, lacks top end, and there's very little midrange definition or clarity.....atleast when compared to a proper guitar loudspeaker.

If you're looking for that thick as **** early Kyuss mud tone you might like it, just don't expect anyone to hear you over top of the bassist unless you combine it with a guitar 4x12.

There's a reason most guitarists don't use bass speakers.....

I have played through a SWR 4x10 a few times, it was an interesting sound worth exploring. A 4x10 with bassreflex, paper cone speakers and without a horn could be fine for distorted sound with some serious bass:)

I am personally solving the "road ready" problem with custom-built cabinets and selected speakers. I will have a 1x12 with bassreflex and on the top of it a 1x12 with open back and slanted front. Similar sound properties to a 2x12 halfback in a "road ready" form.

But - as always - before you buy something, try it out:)

Latest posts

Back