Rocket 44 nasty white noise with lead channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRSguy

Reaction score
I just picked up a Rocket 44 from a dude up in Michigan... thing is awesome... love it, except for the fact that I play mic'd through a PA, and it picks up this nasty white noise hiss sound... it's not the tubes from what i can tell. I had found something about the inverter / bias something or another mod / repair that gets rid of this... I can't remember what it was, but basically this thing is wired screwy, something gets too much power, overloads some cap or opamp or something and they pop, walla! white noise... I'm trying to find a repair center in northern indiana (south bend area) and I was going to have it recapped, but i want this problem solved as well. It has newer (I'm guessing) JJ EL84's in the power section, and all mesa 12AX7's in the Preamp... (i'm swapping V1 + V2 for the Mullard RI's on saturday I think)... but anyways, I'd ship it back to cali and have it worked on, but I have no backup amp and I play about 2 times a month for my church... this noise is ridiculous though. it's only on the lead channel. not the clean... is this tubes??? or is this inherent? Is it fixable.... thanks all!

Back