Roadster????????????????????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the Triamp is the way to go if I want lead and rhythm or even the JVM.

The Egnater is slowly moving back to the top of my list. I can't find a Roadster to demo locally but the lack of a thick, smooth singing lead will not help.

Maybe the trick is having EL34s in the power sections assuming it does not impact the clean tone. Should be okay because both my Rivera K-100 and H&K Switchblade both have great cleans with EL34s in the power amp.

The Roadster sounds better everyday and cheaper than buying an Egnater.

Samuel was your RK a RK2 ? because that has the same 1& 2 channels as the RS

Hey BENNY, thanks for the compliment, it is pretty much the best sound you can get using the video from a 6.0 MP camera. I am going to try your suggestions for my Jackson since the neck is awesome and I have the Floyd and action set just the way I like it. My only problem is I can't put my Ibanez down ever since I picked it up 2 months ago (silver 2570 prestige).

Anyway back to the the topic at hand. I will see if I can fire up the camera before work tomorrow, make another video getting a few different settings on channels 3 and 4 to show some of the varied tones I can muster. I don't use effects at all so it will just show what the amp can do on it's own. I won't be able to get too loud, but loud enough to show that it can rip out a few thick solo lines when the need arises. (Also note that I am not exactly Mr. Shred, so don't expect some crazy sweeps... just hopefully some tasty little ripping licks to help demonstrate the amp a bit more.)

I have posted a video showing channels 3-4... mind you they are not that loud, about 2 on the output volume and 4 on the channels. But it gives you an idea of the different dip switch settings on each channel. I warn you, no amazing guitar play here, just straight up rock solos which hopefully give you a general idea of what those channels represent. You can hear me hit the strings because I was next to the camera and because I pick pretty hard, I have a very percussive attack. Hope the vid helps a bit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-yvCBXoHA

papashango said:
I have posted a video showing channels 3-4... mind you they are not that loud, about 2 on the output volume and 4 on the channels. But it gives you an idea of the different dip switch settings on each channel. I warn you, no amazing guitar play here, just straight up rock solos which hopefully give you a general idea of what those channels represent. You can hear me hit the strings because I was next to the camera and because I pick pretty hard, I have a very percussive attack. Hope the vid helps a bit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-yvCBXoHA

Thanks for the vid!

The Vintage and Modern modes on Channel 3 sound pretty much the same to my ears, in the vid anyway. Probably not the case in person?

What kind of gain/treble/mid/bass/presence settings did you use?

I wish Mesa could make an amp that was capable of crushing rhythm and great lead. I am afriad the Roadster would have the same buzzy lead tone. Will I have to settle for a Marshall JVM or H&K Triamp even though I like the Mesa tone? I love the Mark lead and the Rectifier rhythm. The Triamp comes close in one package.

rabies said:
I was listening to Pantera Vulgar today. some may not like Dimebag's tone but at least it crushes for rhythm's and pierces for leads. You can basically hear EVERYTHING he played clearly. Ultimately for live or recording, that's what really matters. Not the Korn recto sludge.

DR's don't pierce/cut well.

You should go for an EL34 based amp. Mids rock.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CSQVA-AtvVM

Domination!

Solid state Randalls....correct?

I loved Dime's playing but hated his tone....although I liked some of his rhythm tone.

I love EL34s. How about an EL34 loaded Roadster? :lol: Now we are talking.

I love mids! The guitar lives in the mids. When I gigged with an older Dual Rec my mids killed! I stood out in the mix better than ever when i ran a Dual Rec.

Sound slike I should look at the H&K Triamp, Egnater MOD50 or Mesa with EL34s. I tried the earlier Stilettos and found they were horrible and brittle. The new ones are supposed to be better but still only two channels.

Latest posts

Back