Roadster sustain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibsonguy

Reaction score
I use my roadster primarily at home for practice and I am looking to get more sustain out of the clean channels at low volumes. Can anyone suggest a solution? I suspect I need a pedal in front of the amp but I am not sure which one will work best?

Rectifier's really aren't the type of amps that like to be played at a low volume. I have the same problem as well but at least I get to open her up twice a week at rehearsals :twisted:

Ciao ...

The cheapest option is just to turn the gain up. It sustains longer, the only problem is that it sounds too..... well, gainy.

That didn't really help did it.

I haven't tried this with mine at low volumes but last night during practice I cranked the mids (to 3 o clock). My guitar started feeding back like some sort of beast the moment I stopped playing but man! It was all fluid and had heaps of sustain. It's kinda the opposite of what I expected. I read that the strings feel stiffer and less compressed when the mids are high.

It's worth a shot, the worst that can happen is that you don't like it, it's free to turn a dial.

Hopefully that will help.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will experiment with the presence and tone controls when I get a chance. Of course, being a gear junkie I almost ordered the Tone Press right away but I think I'll hold off until after I have experimented a bit with what I have.

Honestly, to get sustain you need to get those tubes working. A pedal will help but it won't really be the real deal.

Try putting your channel masters at 11:30 and running your output knob to control overall volume (you have to enable the FX loop for this).

Storm said:
Rectifier's really aren't the type of amps that like to be played at a low volume. I have the same problem as well but at least I get to open her up twice a week at rehearsals :twisted:

Ciao ...

+1 I am starting to find this out myself, crank her...................

The amp has the sustain, but the low volume thing doesn't really lend itself to that.. I agree... the compressor thing is kind of unnecessary.. the amp has the sustain at regular volume... sorry, but it isn't something that really is a problem with the amp.. it is the nature of not having enough juice through the amp.

Good luck.. but I would just suggest turning it up.. the amp was made for a reasonable volume to get the sustain.... unlike old amps that didn't have the ability turn the master down...

Latest posts

Back