Roadster Rig Pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Finally, after loving this amp since April, I took some OK pics at rehearsal today.

Here's my backline:
'07 Roadster, '01 Recto 4X12 w/Beam Blockers, SKB 3-sp Shallow Rack, TC G-Major, Furman PL-8 II, Axess CFX4 and MIDI/DC power Breakout box.
road1.jpg

Incase anyone is curious here is a close up of my Ch 3 & Ch 4 settings:
roadup.jpg

My Pedalboard:
Behringer FCB1010, X2 Wireless, True-Bypass modded Crybaby Wah, TS-9 w/JRC chip, Boss CH-1, ISP Decimator, all George L's cables (Monster to the amp).
board2.jpg

My '73 Gibson Les Paul Custom (owned since '84):
Tone-Pro's Bridge and Tailpiece, EMG PA-2 Booster, SD Blackout Bridge P'up, EMG 60A Neck P'up, Grover Tuners.
lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality, it's a cheap camera.

Dom

I really like it. Looks almost like my RDSTER rig

Does your Roadster pop when switching channels?

Is the TS9 modded?

Do you think the ISP is really necessary? Even with EMGs?

Glad you like the rig. It took a long time to finally have my tone, here it is in spades......

Yes, she pops, but with the "standby shuffle" and at stage volume it's really no big deal anymore, heck I don't even notice it unless I have the MV at low levels.

The TS-9 has the "brown" mod and the JRC chip as used in the originals. Got it that way from ebay last year some time. The same guy was selling modded 808's too.

The ISP takes an almost quiet rig and makes it dead silent. I turn it off for cleans or when I ride the guitar's volume alot, but in high gain it totally eliminates any and all hiss. A little ISP in front and a little G-Major's gate in the loop makes for a very quiet and articulate amp. It almost sounds like the amp is off when I stop playing :) and is 10X better at it than my Boss NS-2 was. When I kick in the TS-9 I can go from screaming harmonic feedbacks to dead silent with the palm of my hand by using the gate in the G-Major as well as the ISP out front.

Dom

When in standby, he shuffles through the channels....it aleviates some of the static buildup that causes popping.

francric said:
Cool rig.....how you liking that x2?

Best $350 I ever spent on a wireless. (You can find them at $300 now)

It handles the EMG/Blackout levels no problem, even with some kick from the PA-2. I A/B'ed it through a true bypass loop box against the 21' Monster and with someone else doing the switching behind my back & I honestly could not tell which was which. A standard 9V akaline gets about 5 hours. I tried NiMh recharge-ables and they only last about 90 min tops.

A real nice feature is that the receiver can run off a 9V as well. That's real handy for an open mic night.

I get about 150' of line of sight with it, plenty for me really. (I don't think I ever had 150' around me on a stage yet :lol: )

I hear good things about the new rack mount version, but this thing is great when you use pedals out front because there's only 1 long cable from board to amp.

Dom

fendercustom said:
what style are u playing?:D

Mostly Original Rock. Covers include AIC, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Soundgarden, early Zep, Creed, Ozzy, Dio etc. which really helps me utilize all 4 channels of the Roadster. I guess our originals are sort of a mix of all the bands I mentioned :shock: . Nothing on disc with the Roadster yet, hopefully soon though.

Dom

ibanez4life SZ! said:
When in standby, he shuffles through the channels....it aleviates some of the static buildup that causes popping.

Exactly !

Coming out of standby in ch 3 helps alot too (a tip from this board) so I do both.

Thanks everyone for the compliments :D

Dom

Latest posts

Back