Roadster question- head or combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
I am going to buy a Roadster soon. Are there any tonal differences between a combo and a head other than the cab? I know the combo is open backed, does that hurt the sound quality much? I assume the combo can be hooked up to a 4X12 cab. I have a rectifier cab and may buy the combo just for the fact that for smaller places I wouldn't have to lug around the 4x12. Thanks for your thoughts.

Imo you should get a head.

I've gotta assume the combo is going to weigh a ton and you don't want to put casters on a combo because of the tubes.

Roadster Head = 48 lbs
Roadster 1x12 Combo = 94lbs
Roadster 2x12 Combo = 100lbs
4x12 Rectifier cab = 104lbs

The 1x12 is open the 2x12 is closed.

I've noticed with my ROV that I get a slight microphonic undertone which could be caused by the glass being vibrated by the speaker. There's bands I could add to eliminate this but I just picked up a 2ch DR.

I say head and if money is not an issue pick up a 2x12 rectifier cab. My DR sounds great though it.

Good luck

Buy my 1x12 combo so I can pickup a head instead... :lol:

While I love my Roadster, I hate its weight. They do come with casters stock.

I went and tried a Road King II today. Sounded great!!!!!!!! Since I don't need all the features and can't afford the King, I am going to buy a Roadster head. I can't wait!!!

buy the head so you can get the cab that fits what you want to do..... i would look at freda live! 2x12 cabs, basson 2x12s, or mesa 2x12s as i found they complimented my roadster head the best (the freda gives you a nice balance between the tightness of a closed back and the full spectrum of tone and fullness of a open back...plus its only 35 lbs)....honestly unless the 4x12 is your cup of tea go with a 2x12

I have a mint condition Roadster head (less than 1 year old with 4+years of warranty left) that I may be selling soon. I have lots of references on Harmony Central and ebay. PM or e-mail [email protected] if you are interested.

P6010038.jpg

Latest posts

Back