roadster popping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alongcameandroo

Reaction score
I'm only getting the channel switching popping when I switch to channel 3 from any other channel. is there a way round it at all? maybe setting the cleans to 50watt and keep the dirty channels on 100w?
let me know if anyone has found a work-a-round!

also, I havent played the head live yet or with a full band - is the popping noticable in these situations?

thanks!

There is stored current in the amp from the last time you used it, let the amp warm up for a bit before you play. Cycle through all the channels a few times . Try that.

-Mike

There is stored current in the amp from the last time you used it, let the amp warm up for a bit before you play. Cycle through all the channels a few times . Try that.

-Mike

cheers that does seem to iron it out. i also found it went away if i set all the channels to 'diode'

Sorry but I'm new here on the forum. Maybe my question has been asked already but I do have the same problem. When I switch the second and third channel of my dual recto, there is a popping. How can it be fixed?

cycling? can you explain this please? from belgium hehe... I normally switch channels by a line6podxt live through a nobels midi switcher, but it's the same when i use the bigfoot...

try switching channels a good few times with your current set up.

if this doesnt work, connect your mesa pedal and switch channels a few times.

Cycling through all the channels and the other tips that have appeared don't stop the popping on my Roadster. I wish I knew what part has to be changed in order to fix this problem - if it's a capacitor or something then I could do it myself.

Ciao ...

To fix this yourself it sounds like you'd want to add a bleeder circuit tapped off the relay using a very high valued resistor like 1M to shunt to ground. Mesa ought to approve such a patch and show us where on the circuit board it should go.

A possibly better work around would be to put all channels into Diode mode before you switch the amp off and leave it. That way the entire time you don't play the amp the current should hopefully be bled off.

Finally got to play my Roadster today.

It pops only when switching to channel 3 vintage mode from any other channel in any other mode. When switching to channel 3 modern mode it does not pop.

Have you guys found a cure for this?

Latest posts

Back