Roadster Leads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeldragonjovi

Reaction score
Can anyone, if possible, post a video or sound clip of them playing the Roadster's lead tone?

I would really like to hear this thing for heavy rock like Alter Bridge or Dream Theater.

For DT stuff listen to Train of Thought. It has Road King plasterd all over. The Roadster is a Road King minus a few features.

But this might help you...
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14852

I'm glad you asked about the Score tone! To me, I think it is Mr. Petrucci's best tone ever (including studio tones) and that's saying a lot, because I've always thought that JP's tone could not possibly be beat by anyone, anytime. I had the extreme honour of meeting John on the 21st of March, 2006, just a few days before the Score DVD was shot. I asked him what he was using on this tour, and he said it was a Mesa Mark II C+ preamp with the 2:100 rectifier power amp through 4 Mesa 4x12" Celestian V30 loaded traditional straight face rectifier cabinets for his lead tones, and the Mesa Lone Star Classics, through 4 Mesa 2x12" standard rectifier cabinets, also with Celestian V30's, for the pristine clean tones. :D

If you're interested in the Roadster lead tone, all my youtube.com videos use the Roadster 2x12" combo, and the Roadster 2x12" extension cabinet. Search me on there, my username is SonicShredder.

Latest posts

Back