Roadster channel switching questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat133

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and am going to purchase my brand spanking new Roadster head today after work!! yay! My question was as follows:

How do I switch between the 4 channels on the head via MIDI? I am currently running a G-Major and a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller and I know they have relay switching; I was wondering if the G-Major & FCB were enough to control all 4 channels? I don't know much about switching amp channels with them, but I was thinking I can use the G major to switch between channels 1 & 2, use the 1st switch of the FCB to switch channels 3 & 4, and possibly use the 2nd switch to switch on/off the solo feature. I've also read on the Axess Electronics CFX4 for channel switching. I wanted to know if there are any other products on the market (besides the ground control, I can't afford one!) that can change all these channels!

Oh and if I bite the bullet and buy a CFX4, does anyone know a way to make it rack-mountable? Or shall I velcro it in the back of the rack...

Thanks!

Welcome to The Board.

I use an Axess CFX4 for channel switching my Roadster and the G-Major to switch the FX Loop & Solo. I don't use the FCB1010's relays at all.

Before I bought the CFX4, I called Mesa with almost the same question and they did not recommend using a "shared ground" relay switching system (TRS jack like the G-Major) for channel switching. They said it would be best to use isolated relays (like the CFX4 has) for the channel switching, but it would be fine to use the G-Major for anything else (Loop, Solo, Reverb, etc.).

I know some guys use their G-major for channel switching their Recto, so this my be a Roadster/RK thing.

I mounted my CFX4 to a one space rack shelf with plastic "zip" ties. Works for me.

Dom

Thanks man... yea the dual & triple recs "only" have 3 channels lol... but the roadster & RK have like 1023987023948 so switching is a bit more difficult.

Yea I was thinking to buy the CFX4 and use the G-Major for turning the solo channel on/off like you mentioned. I usually use some sort of effect (a little reverb or delay or something) so turning off/on the FX loop isn't a big deal to me (tho I wanna hear the difference myself, I've read there's an audio drop w/ F/X on).

Latest posts

Back