Road Kings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roXor

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a RK I brand spanking new? If I go to a dealer do they still order these or is it out of production and create RK II only? Because I ordered a RK a week ago and I forgot to mention series 2 if they still make the original RKs. And one day I might get a series I, but not at the momment.

roXor said:
Is it possible to get a RK I brand spanking new? If I go to a dealer do they still order these or is it out of production and create RK II only? Because I ordered a RK a week ago and I forgot to mention series 2 if they still make the original RKs. And one day I might get a series I, but not at the momment.

if you ordered it new it will most definitely be a RKII. did your oder from a local mesa dealer or a Guitar center? either way if they're ordering it from the factory its a version 2 because mesa doesnt produce the version 1s anymore.

i just have one question about your last comment... why would you get a series one if you have a series 2???? the series II is a series one with a few upgrades, so unless your intending on collecting them, why get a series 1 also?

jdurso said:
roXor said:

if you ordered it new it will most definitely be a RKII. did your oder from a local mesa dealer or a Guitar center? either way if they're ordering it from the factory its a version 2 because mesa doesnt produce the version 1s anymore.

i just have one question about your last comment... why would you get a series one if you have a series 2???? the series II is a series one with a few upgrades, so unless your intending on collecting them, why get a series 1 also?

Thanks for the reply, and I did order it from a local dealer so its coming straight from a factory. Would you know if it will come as RK II v2 or regular?

roXor said:
jdurso said:
roXor said:

Thanks for the reply, and I did order it from a local dealer so its coming straight from a factory. Would you know if it will come as RK II v2 or regular?

yes you will get the RKII. when you order from the factory your getting the latest and greatest

BTW a RKII is a version 2, unless you know something i dont

jdurso said:
roXor said:
jdurso said:

yes you will get the RKII. when you order from the factory your getting the latest and greatest

BTW a RKII is a version 2, unless you know something i dont

Nope, there's a Road King II vs. 1 and vs. 2. In vs. 2 the loops are now all series, and the ext. trigger jacks have been replaced by the tuner out and a ext. mute jack.

roXor said:
jdurso said:
roXor said:

When you order a Road King, you will get the latest version, no matter what. There is NO possiblity of getting a RKI or RKII vs. 1 from the factory. When they improve the amp and mark it as a newer version, they simply continue making that version instead of the old one. Why would they still want to continue building the worse amp? The RKI and RKII are not concidered equal or 'just different'. The II is an improvement, a better version. At least it's intended to be.

roXor said:

+1

ahh didnt know they were already on ver 2 of the RKII. good stuff hopefully their working on ver 2 of the roadster and a way to retrofit the changes to mine.

I think the Roadster already has the preamp changes that the RKII has.

At least it has the Lonestar cleans and the improved reverb like the RKII.

My understanding is they developed the Roadster and the RKII paralell to one another. They are equal in the features they share. However, I didn't know about the RKII V2. I thought the RKII was the one that had the series effects loops and the RKI had one series and one paralell. I was not aware that they made an RKII that had one of each loop.

I did a lot of research on these two amps recently. I bought my Roadster about a month ago.

It's all in the User Manual section on Mesa's site, guys. :D

Just open each one and look at the back panel diagrams.

Ah, I see now that they do have the RKII V1 and RKII V2 listed. Is the only thing they changed the effects loop? (trying to not have to read the whole manual looking for differences)

nathan28 said:
The only difference to between the rkII v1 and v2 is that the v2 has a mute option.

I'd check the manuals if I were you. :p

Vs. 1 clearly has one series and one paralell loop and two ext. triggers. Vs. 2 has two series loops, a ext. mute jack and a tuner out. Like I stated above. :wink:

Back