Road King Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Channels 3 and 4 on the Road King II are the same as they are on the RK I. And I never thought it was buzzsaw-ish.

Getting an RK I would be silly since the RK II has the clean voicings from the Lone Star. Sounds like he has a friend looking to sell an RK I :).

mightywarlock said:
last night while getting some gear from some pro guy, we were talking about rectifiers and when i mentioned i wanted to get a road king he blurted out, "Make sure you get a series I, not a series II as the II has the Buzzsaw distortion like the 3ch. Rectos!"

is the distortion really buzzy on the series II's?

This is not true. But - I predicted that at some point this would happen. :?
It's the embryo of typical hype of stuff that isn't available anymore...in this case RK1...:roll:
I'm a professional user and I've used RK1 for years and now also RK2.
They're both great amps, and so are the 3ch Rectos IMO.

True, and let me clarify my statement by saying that it's great to get an RK I if budget is a concern -- it's still a great amp all around, but if budget is not a concern, the RK II is the one to go with.

I have RK II and RK I
They are both spetacular.

Ch 3 & 4 don't sound the same on RK I and II.
Ch 3 & 4 have more gain on RK II.
Also, Ch 4 sounds darker on RK II

In fact, the big differences are Ch 1 & 2. RK II cleans are pristine. Amazing job by Mesa here. :D

Latest posts

Back