Road King II with 4xEL34 and 2x6L6

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
No on the roadking, and no on any other amp I know of. The best way to achieve this is to find a amp with either 6l6's or EL34's. then get a power amp with the opposite tubes and slave it to the head.

I suppose you could have someone do a mod that basically rebiases the 6L6 sockets for EL34s and the EL34 sockets for 6L6s

Another option, the one I use, is to get some 6L6s from Eurotubes that can be run in the EL34 setting. Thus I use 2xEL34 and 2x6L6 in my roadster set on EL34 bias setting. Sounds wicked!

oyster said:
Another option, the one I use, is to get some 6L6s from Eurotubes that can be run in the EL34 setting. Thus I use 2xEL34 and 2x6L6 in my roadster set on EL34 bias setting. Sounds wicked!

Interesting. And this can cause no damage?

siggy14 said:
No on the roadking, and no on any other amp I know of. The best way to achieve this is to find a amp with either 6l6's or EL34's. then get a power amp with the opposite tubes and slave it to the head.

This can be done on the Diezel Herbert.

Well, look at it this way. The 4 6L6 sockets are biased cold. If you put a hotter EL34 in these sockets it may draw enough natural plate current to sound good. The EL34 sockets have a bias pot. You would need to change the bias on the pot before you install any 6L6. The 34's sockets are set at -39 and would be very hot for even a cool 6L6.

Sadly, if you add a bias pot to the 6L6 sockets you will void your warranty and by the way the RK's are going it may be the safest bet to just leave them alone.

Latest posts

Back