Road King II channel 3 fuzz

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaredface

Reaction score
Hey guys I am having problems with my 3rd channel on my RKII. I like to use the this channel for classic rock low gain stuff. I noticed when i am playing i hear this faint but yet noticeable "fizzzzzz" after the note. Almost like a blown speaker fizz. I have tried several cabs (mesa, vintage 30's and g12-75) Two different guitars (gibson w/ seymour duncan pearly gates pup and PRS w/ seymour duncan disto pup) straight into the amp, no loop, no effects. The settings are;

Raw (2-EL34)
Presence; noon
Bass; 2 clock
Mid 2 clock
High 3 clock
Gain 10 clock

I have swapped out some of the pre-amp tubes with known good ones, I tried switching up the power amp stages, I have messed with all possible settings with no avail. And lastly my reverb does not work on ANY channel. Maybe there is a co-relation? Any thoughts.

Have you checked to make sure that the power outlet you are using isn't contributing to the hiss???

not sure about the fizz, but whichever preamp tube is in charge of the reverb circuit (forgot which one it is) might be bad. the reverb tank may have also gotten disconnected somehow. try using different cables.

Ran the amp thru my power conditioner, changed out cables. Fuzz is still present. I will try to explain it a little better. The fuzz is almost responsive to my pick attack. If I pick lightly it is not there, as soon as I bite down, especially on an open A string, it fizzes out, much like a static fizz. I guess I will send it off......

Latest posts

Back