Road King and G major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srakow

Reaction score
I just got a new road King combo....awesome amp. I also have a G major guitar processor. I had it hooked into loop 2, had to keep dicking with the settings, never really getting a good result. I did call Mesa, they absolutely said hook it up thru loop 1. What a difference! No more loss of volume, I basically dont have to mess with the settings.

Much better.

Another question...anyone try hooking up a 2x12 vertical cab to the combo while still using the 2 combo internal speakers? What was your result?

Hey Srakow...

Glad to hear of a fellow RK combo user! I hooked up to a 2x12 closed back Marshall, switching it in on channel 2 brit...good "knock" to the crunch sound...thudding bottom end...great stuff.

On a side note...as far as the G-major goes...humor me here, and try for a while (more than a day or so) just using delays and other time based effects on the G-major. Only use your RK for the overdrives...even take out any compression. I was using high end Rocktron multi effects...but once I gave the RK a chance on it's own, I was BLOWN AWAY. I only use a Guyatone micro delay in loop one now, and a couple of stomp boxes in front of the amp (tc electronics stereo chorus, MXR modded phase90, wah and volume pedals.)

In my opinion, if you simplify your rig and let the natural tone of the amp go....woo hoo....you will be impressed. Try it...I bet you'll like it.

RB

Latest posts

Back