Road king and g major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodut

Reaction score
I have heard that you can switch three functions with the g major, I read on the tc site that using the split cable method could hurt your amp. I only need three channels. Anyboby done this with positive results? Thanks for the help?

Your going to have to be a little more specific with what your talking about here man--I dont know what your asking... :?

He's talking about the G-Major's Relay Function...

http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=823
"Relays
Changing your sound from a crisp clean dry rhythm sound to an overdriven lead sound, will often involve channel switching of your preamp or combo in addition to changing your effects preset.

To be able to switch amp-channels via MIDI the investment of a separate MIDI switching system is often implied. This is NOT the case when you own a G•Major. With the built in Relay Switching on the G•Major you are able to switch between up to 4 channels on you Preamp/Combo."

I think anyways..

You actually can't use the relay on the G-major, you have to get a converter that converts the 5-4 external switching ports to Midi, if you get what l mean, there is a website that sells them, l can't remember what it is though, but there are million of threads like this, one of them will have the link.

But in your case, if you wanted to use 3 channels, you still will need the midi converter, l use the Y cable, but l only use 2 channels on my amp.

Hope this helps.

Riddick.

you can switch 3 ch with the G major :

1-relay1 off and relay 2 off : set RK to channel 1 (by default)

2 - Relay 1 on - 2 off : chan 2 or else

3 - relay 1 off - 2 on : chan 3 or else

It works with the 3ch dual recto too

regards,
Chris

Latest posts

Back