RK II is due tomorrow after 4 months !!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiebabies

Reaction score
What a **** wait. My RK 1 was sold in March and Mesa said that my amp is on order the next day. I had no Idea that I would have a birthday in the process. After calling every month for an update the CS rep said, " It will be at your house on Thursday". I was overcome with joy and almost weeped.

I cannot wait to blast that pig.

Long live Mesa Boogie !!!!! :D

Congrats! I'm thinking of possibly ordering one within the next year, depending on how cash is flowing! let us know what you think, especially about the updated channels 1 and 2!

pay attention, or you could be more excited now than when you'll be playing your RKII ! :D

Sweet. Here. You can look at mine till then.

RK1.JPG

Congrats man! Nothing like finally getting something youve been working for.......no matter what it is! :D

It's in !!!!!!

What an amazing amp. Is it me or did Mesa seriously improve the tone of every channel.

Channel 3 Vintage is much tighter and Ch. 4 Modern does not seem to blow the windows out with the volume on 3.

The channel that got me was actually Ch. 1 Clean. It was like Sultan's of Swing sweet.

I did not get a lot of time with it, but Saturday is coming. :D

It's in !!!!!!

What an amazing amp. Is it me or did Mesa seriously improve the tone of every channel.

Channel 3 Vintage is much tighter and Ch. 4 Modern does not seem to blow the windows out with the volume on 3.

The channel that got me was actually Ch. 1 Clean. It was like Sultan's of Swing sweet.

I did not get a lot of time with it, but Saturday is coming. :D

I wanted to know how the clean mode volume is? With my series one on clean mode you need to turn the volume all the way up and put the gain at 3 to get a nice crystal clear tone that is loud enough to match channel 4 volume.

Elpelotero said:
...you double posted.
why do you think he's got more than 1200 posts??? :D :D :D i'm joking boogiebabies, don't worry!! i'm happy for you! i wish i could afford that wonderful amp! we're waiting for clips!bye

Hey !!! Double posts on the same thread count as 0 !!!!
I just upgraded to IE 7 and it sucks !!!

It is already dialed in with my settings from the RK 1 and it sound so much better. The reverb is unreal. It's not like that tizzy solid state from the RK 1.

After busting the box, I had that puppy ready to go in 3 minutes. Once you have had the RK 1 boot camp it's a breeze.

I'm digging CH1 tweed but find the reverb almost non-existent, even when on full. Let me know if you find the same thing.

warrickn said:
I wanted to know how the clean mode volume is? With my series one on clean mode you need to turn the volume all the way up and put the gain at 3 to get a nice crystal clear tone that is loud enough to match channel 4 volume.

I have to run the master high as well, but I am also only running 2 6L6's.

daveythomas said:
I'm digging CH1 tweed but find the reverb almost non-existent, even when on full. Let me know if you find the same thing.

I noticed that the reverb was poor on the tweed as well.
I will have to make a call on this.

Also, does your Ch. 1 LED stay dimly lit all the time?

ytse_jam said:
hey boogiebabies, how do you compare your RKII and mkIV?

The RK II IMO has the best clean channel I have ever heard. Im comparison, I like the MK IV's R2 better than the CH. 2 Brit. I wish it had more gain. CH. 3 and 4 are pure Recto, but have clarity and definition. The bottom end is not mushy and it has a real shred quality using 2 6L6's and 2 EL34's. Like the MK IV, CH. 3 has a sweet top end but it is not quite like the MK IV. Since both amps have totally different preamps and EQ's and Graphic EQ's in the realm of tonal possibilities, I don't think I could give an honest comparison. In closing, I would probably use the RK II to gig. So far it has proven to be versatile enough using just 4 modes. I could only imagine using the other 8. Sonically, this thing just decimates the RK 1.
It's a different amp with the same name.

Latest posts

Back