RJM Amp Gizmo with Mark III and Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_k

Reaction score
I am running a Mark III and Mark IV together, ABY'd through a Lehle P-Split, so both are always on. The Amp Gizmo has a MIDI out so that I can run a MIDI/XLR controller cable to the Mark IV for channel switching. It also has 8 1/4" outs. Was wondering if those could control the Mark III from the same Gizmo. Anybody doing this? I sent Ron Minelli an email at RJM.

Steve

No, you cannot do this because the outs that are controlled by the special amp cable are designated for those same 8 functions. For example, you wouldn't be able to control amp 1 if the same 8 functions are trying to be controlled by amp 2. If you actually tried it you would see what I'm talking about, difficult to explain, but once you get to the step where are are hooking it up, it will become clear... short answer is "no". You would need two amp gizmos.

If you're looking for something to control the other amp etc. I have a sound sculpture foot-sim if it seems to be something you may need.

It has 4 1/4" relays and is midi controlled etc. May help I don't know :S

rotebass said:
-1 You can get custom cables made, talk to Ron.

Not sure what you meant here... yes, you can get custom cables made for each amp, but you still only have 8 functions available.

If you want to limit the functions per amp (ex. Ch. 1, 2, and 3 on each amp and leave the EQ/Loop on, etc.) and only use the relay jacks without using the custom cable you could control two amps (right?). I think I'm going to try this tonight and see if it works.

Yea, you won't be able to control all the functions on both amps, but you can control any 8 functions you want.

rotebass said:
Yea, you won't be able to control all the functions on both amps, but you can control any 8 functions you want.

thanks....that the answer I was after. the III and IV sound awesome together, each running the a 4x12 recto cab.

steve

Latest posts

Back