Rivera venus wins over the Lonestar special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Reaction score
OK I know that I'm going to take heat over this but the LSS just seems to have to many problems with what ever the issues it might be, So I decided to get the Rivera venus, I'm not sure of the venus 3 or venus 6 but these thing are truly amazing amp, also hand made in The good USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1W7JBsVGWs

Yeah, I've been eyeing one of those for a year now. They're spectacular amps from what I've heard and seen.

What I really want now is the Victoria Golden Melody. Mmmm...

Woody, I just bought a Rivera 6 and you won't be dissapointed. I'm using it this weekend at an outdoor venue and am looking forward to it. I'm not however letting go of my LSS. I love it too. I ussually run them together bu this will be the first gig w/the V 6. so I want to see what it can do.

CGM
Lt me know how she does in the outdoor gig!!---Have you got the combo or what kind of rig do you have

CGM
Let me know how she does in the outdoor gig!!---Have you got the combo or what kind of rig do you have

Woody...I've got the combo, I'm a combo man from way back. It's already way loud enough. We mike everything out door anyway. It's more than loud enough at rehearsals. The boost jump seems loud when your playing by yourself but not when playing w/a band. It's brighter than the LSS but very smooth. They combine well together. The LSS is darker but still has a great tone. They kick *** together. Usually I run one clean and the other dirty, w/ different amounts of distortion, then vice/versa. If I had to choose between the two, I'm reluctant to say I would choose the Rivera. It fits my style more. But I don't so , why not play them together?

Over the last year I have had both an Express 5:50 2X12 and an LSC & 2X12 cab. Now I use a Rivera Clubster 25 Doce ... a great bang for the buck 6V6 amp.

Wilerty..man, they have a clubster at the store I teach at. I was secretly thinking about trading a Fender on it. It's big ( the Fender), heavy, and I'm tired of lugging it around. I could probably get a pretty good trade. Plus I get 10% off. I'm feeling the pull. It would be a good light amp to hual around. So ?...you can highly recomend them?.... Good tone and all? I play Blues and rock mainly .....

CGM
I was just wondering how much you gave for the Venus 6, I think new they sell for $2499 is that right?

Woody....They did have $2499 0n it, but I got a very good deal. I traded a Godin Grand Concert classical , and an AER acoustic amp, plus a little pocket change. I mean very little. And man , that Venus 6 is one cool amp. It matches well w/ the LSS.
Played together they put out a big tone. I run different set ups on each usually but some time take one amp out of the mix w/an A/B switch. but usually both together, one clean and the other dirty. Some times I have option anxiety....but I've learned to deal w/it....

Paul Rivera builds great amps. My old 70s marshalls were all modded by him back in the 80s. He made me one of the first TBR1s which was a Marshall in channel one and a Fender high gain in channel two. His new amps sound awesome. They are built like tanks and will take any beatings a roadie can dish out.

Bmarchant

The guy @ the store said that he would sell the venus 6 for $2,200 out the door, He has is marked $2,499--I don't know if there's much wiggle room on them or not, that allot of cash for a 1x12 combo

i've read good things about them. one thing that has me suspicious though is the fact that there has been a brand new one on ebay for a good two months now. the seller is a music store which means it's been sitting there on a showroom floor all this time, yet nobody has fallen in love w/it and taken it home? or maybe it's just the price...

yea that's the one I was looking @
i threw him an offer of $2250 including shipping which he accepted, but my plans changed and i never followed through. actually, that price was his counter offer. can't remember what my original offer was...

Riveras are great amps. I used to own the Quiana Studio, but sold it by "mistake." I also had the chubster, but didn't like it. I test drove the Venus 6 when it first came out - great crunch tone you'd ever hear, but didn't pull the trigger.

Still, my LSS is one of my favorite amps!

P.S. Riveras are great amps, but they don't seem to sell very well.

Latest posts

Back