RFB1 (RF1-B?) #R0860: Photos Inside

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
So what's the deal with the RF1-B/RFB1? I thought they "didn't exist" ? I was kinda surprised when I opened up my racktifier an hour ago :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

860.jpg

mj

It is really weird considering I have a regular dual that was made in July of 92 and it has the D board. And that is RF-1D so it looks like Rackmounts had a different board early on.

4nkam said:
Could be. It is kinda weird/confusing that earlier serial numbers had later revision codes :?

mj

ahhhhhhhh ok, I kinda thought it looked like a component, haha. I thought I looked all over but obviously it wasn't good enough :D Yeah, it's 1F.

mj

Boogiebabies said:
Thats the spot for Feedback Resistor 1. The circuit board revision is below the row of four 30uf/500V blue filter caps.

By the 800's the revision should be RF-1D.

beat me to it, except your's sounded a lot more intellectual

4nkam said:
ahhhhhhhh ok, I kinda thought it looked like a component, haha. I thought I looked all over but obviously it wasn't good enough :D Yeah, it's 1F.

mj

I just realized the 10/92 signature by KayDee. Your amp is an RF-1F like the 5/93 schematic on Tubefreak.com. Thanks for the info. It gives us an idea about when the F came out. As long as no one claims there was an E we will be headed in the right direction for the board revision time line.

Enjoy !!!!

Well my R0394 was also signed by Kaydee on 7-8-92 and it is a RF-1D, so that time line is getting very small.

Boogiebabies said:
4nkam said:

mj

I just realized the 10/92 signature by KayDee. Your amp is an RF-1F like the 5/93 schematic on Tubefreak.com. Thanks for the info. It gives us an idea about when the F came out. As long as no one claims there was an E we will be headed in the right direction for the board revision time line.

Enjoy !!!!

Boogiebabies said:
4nkam said:

mj

Enjoy !!!!

Were the Tremoverbs different (aside from the tremo/reverb circuitry) because I think mine was RR-1E...?

mj

The Tremoverbs were indeed different. The RR-1E is a correct version.

So, now we have a RF-1D at 0394? This is strange. I have a hand drawn schematic from Mesa regarding the RF-1C and D, but they do not point out any other modifications to the circuit other than the lead input voicing.
They are the same for both C and D. There is no documentation, as far as I could get, of an actual RF-1C or D schematic.

You kind of lost me, what is the difference with the lead input voicing? I have noticed a big different in the two amps. On the lead channel on the 394 it is alot darker and tighter. Where on 005 it is brighter and a great lead channel.

And you are saying that you only have the hand written, but there is no offical schematic for the RF-1C and D?

Boogiebabies said:
The Tremoverbs were indeed different. The RR-1E is a correct version.

So, now we have a RF-1D at 0394? This is strange. I have a hand drawn schematic from Mesa regarding the RF-1C and D, but they do not point out any other modifications to the circuit other than the lead input voicing.
They are the same for both C and D. There is no documentation, as far as I could get, of an actual RF-1C or D schematic.

Latest posts

Back