Revisions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always hear people saying that Revision G's are the best rectifiers, but what is the real difference between the revision? Is there any real difference?

Rev C was the first production revision. They started off brighter and progressively became darker from rev C to F. Rev G is darker yet, and it's the one that has the massive low end that the Recto is known for. I have a Rev F and it's much brighter and crunchier in Modern mode than other Rectos I've used.

The cleans also started off pretty shitty on the Rev C and became better as the series progressed.

Rev F and G are usually preferred by those that want a working clean channel.

Yeah and for some reason the Gs get somewhat looked down at when talking about 2ch rectos. Probably cause theyre not as rare. The Gs are my fav.

droptrd said:
Yeah and for some reason the Gs get somewhat looked down at when talking about 2ch rectos. Probably cause theyre not as rare. The Gs are my fav.

There used to be a guy on this forum that really drove the pre-500, pre-1000 revision hype. I think he had a financial interest in driving up the value of the early Duals. I remember him being upset when people started researching things more and discovered that there were Mark III trannys in Rectos as far back as #2200. It kind of killed his argument that Rev C's were somehow magical due to having a different transformer than D-F. Unfortunately, I think that discovery also contributed to the theory that Gs are somehow inferior.

I think you're right though... if there's less of something, it must automatically be better.... right?

:lol:

screamingdaisy said:
droptrd said:

There used to be a guy on this forum that really drove the pre-500, pre-1000 revision hype. I think he had a financial interest in driving up the value of the early Duals. I remember him being upset when people started researching things more and discovered that there were Mark III trannys in Rectos as far back as #2200. It kind of killed his argument that Rev C's were somehow magical due to having a different transformer than D-F. Unfortunately, I think that discovery also contributed to the theory that Gs are somehow inferior.

I think you're right though... if there's less of something, it must automatically be better.... right?

:lol:
And theyre more expensive so they must be better than the Gs :wink:

Latest posts

Back