Mod rev G into rev F??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc52

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a rev F forever I feel here in Denmark - which is favorite revision. Now I’ve found a rev G.

Can I mod it into a Rev F? I have an idea it’s not too complicated since they are not far apart in sounds and features.

Does anyone have schematics for both?

Rev. G owner here as well. As mentioned above, it's a fantastic sounding amp. Put a boost in front and it's as good as it gets.

The differences are pretty subtle. Switching the loop from parallel to series would be the biggest change. I believe some early Rev. F amps came with the MKIII transformers which changed around the introduction of the G but again, at volume, while playing, in a band, in a less than stellar room, with a sub-standard cab, and with people who can't be bothered to learn the songs you wouldn't notice or feel the difference. I have a Rev. F rack rectifier, a Rev. G triple, a Trem-o-verb, a rectoverb, and a roadking II and with the exception of the roadking II they all get pretty close. I do like the Rack Rectifier the best but that is because I like racks and it is the lightest of them.

Latest posts

Back