Reverb shot on my Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odyssy2112

Reaction score
Hey all first post...

I recently retubed my Mark IV from all Mesa to all JJ tubes. I also went with an integrated quad setting, so I have two EL34's in the outer powertube sockets. Now, I do not have any reverb. Is it the tubes or the connections? I checked the connections on the amp and everything was fine. The amp sounds fine. Everything responds the same way, but I have no reverb. I talked to a Mesa Boogie representative and he said that they dont recommend changing company tubes, but I've heard from a lot of ppl about retubing to JJs and they've had no problems. So, should I take this amp to a technician or what?

I'm pretty sure one of the preamp tubes is a Reverb tube
Did you get a phase inverter 12ax7 for V5?

So you put in 5 ECC83/S's, 2 EL34s and 2 6L6's.

For what it's worth I have a Mark IV that was recently retubed with JJ's (2 EL34's and 26L6's) and have had no problems. When I ordered all the tubes, one of them was marked as the phase inverter. Double check that, it may be where the issue lies. Try putting back the old tubes to see if the reverb comes back. At least you'll be able to rule something out.

I've got JJs in my MkIV as well. Phase inverter in V5 might be the problem.

Make sure the reverb leads are properly and securely plugged in.

The phase inverter tube would have no effect on the 'verb. If the phase inverter were bad (V5) you would have no sound at all!

Try V4

Latest posts

Back