REVERB PEDAL ADVICE NEEDED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-BOOGIE_MAN-

Reaction score
Where do you put your reverb pedal?

I have line6 verbzilla. I think the pedal is pretty good.

However, I always plug it in the front. Fine with the clean channel, nice, lush reverb. After I switch to distortion it starts to create a echoey awful kinda reverb. How do you solve this?

All reverbs are designed to be the very last effect in your chain, they should never go in front of the amp.

Chris McKinley said:
All reverbs are designed to be the very last effect in your chain, they should never go in front of the amp.

Unless it creates the sound you desire. I've used this crystal echoe/heavy chambered delay reverb in front of clean channel for some very atmospheric color. Mind you the sound doesnt sound anything like a guitar (more like a pad) but thats what i was going for and placing the unit before the map is the only place i could achieve that sound. So I would say unless you are going for something very very specific (and mostly not guitar like), listen to Chris' advice.

I would also say if you have a very clean amp and have your create your distortion before the amp (OD/Distortion pedal), putting the reverb as the last pedal before the amp works too. but thats all pending on the amp being very clean.

I plug my reverb into the fx loop a while ago. For some reasons, there was a volume drop and then i crank up the volume as soon after that there was a LOUD feedback. I straight away unplugged the pedal and plug in the front.

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
I plug my reverb into the fx loop a while ago. For some reasons, there was a volume drop and then i crank up the volume as soon after that there was a LOUD feedback. I straight away unplugged the pedal and plug in the front.

You need to balance the level on the fx loop itself. I think the ROV has a parrellel fx loop so i would recommend throwing that to 100% and then adjusting the level on your verbzilla to the point where you dont hear a drop off.

Latest posts

Back