Retolexing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpm91

Reaction score
Approximately, how much would it cost for normal to spiffy retolexing of a Mark III? Would it bring the amp's resale value down at all? And for that matter, would placing it into a new cab reduce the value?

I don't know how much it would cost to retolex a mark III, but I know it can get costly retolexing a 4x12 cab. (I posted a thread asking the same question for one of my 4x12 guitar cabs). I think that if it is done professionally, it will enhance (or at least maintain) the value of the amp. As far as changing into a different shell...I think that it depends on what you are putting it into. If you put your mark III into a AAA flame maple cabinet, it's going to increase the value of the amp. Where as if you were to fit it into an old shoe box, it would probably decrease the value. :lol: Hope this was helpful.

bpm91,

Call Boogie as they'll give you a quote..might be kinda expensive, not sure. Or you can give Mojo Musical Supply a call, the do excellent tolex work. Tolex work can be easily screwed up by someone not accomplished at it. I've seen tolex work that began peeling up and bubbling up just a few short months after the work was done.

I prefer the original torn up/dirty/used-and-abused look. Refinishing or retolexing an amp erases the history. If I was you, I wouldn't change a thing. Or, if you really want it to look purdy, put the amp in a new shell, but keep the old shell in its current condition. Just my 2 cents....

Latest posts

Back