Replacing the power light bulb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sardocasm

Reaction score
The bulb in my newly acquired Tremoverb just burned out so I went to Radioshack and bought a couple new ones and a new problem arose. I can't seem to get the bulb in there. I push it in as far back as it will go against the spring but it won't turn to the right to lock it in place no matter what I try or how many times. Is there some kind of trick to this? It wouldn't seem like something so simple should be such a difficult task.

Did you match up the old bulb with the new one?
Hold them both up side by side and scrutinize the spacing of those tabs. Make sure they are identical.
Press it in with even pressure, push and release a few times to make sure the base plate is on the spring and not binding against the side.

Yes, it was the same #47 bulb, the problem was that the surface of the bulb would was too slippery for my fingers to grasp. I had to put some electrical tape on the end of the bulb so I could grip it and be able to turn it.

is there a chance you may be pushing the bulb in too far?

when i changed my F-100 bulb, i remember the bulb not having to go in that far. when it turned, it was not that bad.

i do remember breaking the old bulb trying to get it out. i had to remove it with needle nose pliers.

Back