repairing broken sliders

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancullinane

Reaction score
A IIB I just picked up has a broken off EQ slider. can these be replaced or does the whole EQ have to be done. from what I understand getting to the EQ from ith inside involves removing the board with the filter caps. Is this a Job for MB? or is there a simple fix.

Thanks
Dan

The power board needs to be unscrewed and moved, then the face plate needs to be removed by unmounting all the pots, switches and unsoldering or clipping the pilot light. With the face plate off, you will have to unclamp each fader from the top and bottom of the chassis slots. Then you can have access to the front and back of the fader board. Un solder the old fader and solder in the new one. Mesa has the part in stock, it should be #588535. Double check with them and have fun.

Boogiebabies said:
The power board needs to be unscrewed and moved, then the face plate needs to be removed by unmounting all the pots, switches and unsoldering or clipping the pilot light. With the face plate off, you will have to unclamp each fader from the top and bottom of the chassis slots. Then you can have access to the front and back of the fader board. Un solder the old fader and solder in the new one. Mesa has the part in stock, it should be #588535. Double check with them and have fun.

That's a bit vague a description, geeze. The least you could do is tell us *which* fader he needs to replace!
;)

Edward

The denizens of Helius Prime are famous for their knowledge of all things Boogie related .....

Especially the city of New Mesa...

" More like me ?", "Sister, they don't know what to do with one of me"

Richard B. Riddick

Sadly, I have done one of these jobs in the past.

Thanks Buddy, :wink:

Latest posts

Back