Rectoverbs discontinued?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRazMeister

Reaction score
I just heard an ugly rumor....one of the guys at GC said that Mesa is discontinuing the ROV. :cry: Not that I need another one, but I wonder what will replace the amp in the High-Gain combo realm. I heard word that a Stilleto combo was in the works in the $1699 range (give or take 100) and with the ROV costing $1479..... :roll:

I was told that GC would no longer be carrying the Rectoverb - that's how I got my ROV head for $750 last March 8)

I haven't heard anything about it being discontinued yet. that would be a shame though.

Its really a kick-butt rock n roll amp - vintage mode with a nice 4x12 getting a signal from a fat humbucker = :D

Not quite as aggressive as the standard DR and not as pretty on the clean as a Lonestar, but its so much better than what most other amp manufacturers are offering at ~$1000.

well if the rect-o0verb has to follow the way of the buffalo, then let it be.
I hope only that it will go down as fine amp that will highly increase it's value in three years or something, so I can buy one of those Road king 2nd series :)

No serious, I've never heard something faulty with a rect-o-verb, its tone is highly appreciated. So why discontinue? Perhaps I'm biased being a rect-o-verb owner.

I really hope it is option 3 and that the ROV will be launched to "I wished MESA reisseud the ROV" status. Because I already own one =) Option 1 is also good, but I really hate to see option 2 to happen.
For me this was also a lifetime investment and though I love this amp, it has also some drawbacks. But that's something I take for granted with having in mind that you can't have everything. When these issues are solved I feel quite screwed, just like some of the stiletto 1 series and RK 1 owners here at the moment.

Latest posts

Back