rectoverb series II owners please help with presence

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recto-robbie

Reaction score
Hello all,, I have owned my rectoverb for about 2 weeks now brand new and have enjoyed it fully. I have just noticed something that doesnt seem right with it to me.. The presence control. No matter what channel Im on or what mode Im in, it doesnt seem like there is hardly any difference in the sound to me. Although to be completely correct in my statement I must say that I am able to hear a difference turning the presence knob but only when it is turned from 9 to 10. In other words I get absolutly no difference in sound turning the presence knob from 1 to 9 but from 9 to 10 the sound . jumps from no presence to full presence. Do any of you guys have this problem? or have you noticed it ? or possibly can this be the way the amp is supposed to work? I have tried the amp at many different control settings, I have new tubes in it as well. I think the amp works perfect other than this presence situation.
Does anybody have any ideas ,,,,,please help and thanks for any suggestions

you will not notice too much differance until u get in modern mode. the presence control is all about the power section of the amp. in modern mode,the feedback loop is taken out( thus louder and more aggressive ) and you should be able to hear a differance then. i keep mine off anyways.good luck

Latest posts

Back