Rectoverb FX Loop Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce1448

Reaction score
Welcome everyone this is my first post but ive been browsing quite a bit..

anyway i have a problem with my series two rectoverb combo

Whenever i use delays or reverb in the loop it somehow makes an infiniate loop or just sounds awful
I'm using a DD-6 mainly...havnt had any problems with the delay and i've tried it with other amps...it works fine

On harmoney central ive read quite a few other peopel had this problem but i couldnt find anything on here about it

Has anyone had this happen to them? if so how should i go about fixing it....and how much $$??

Thanks a ton

-Bruce

The ROV Effects loop is a little funky. I set mine to completely wet (all the way on) and set the depth (or mix control) of the delay unit back a bunch. The reason for this is that my chorus is old school from the 80's, and the depth on the Chorus, as well as the mix on the FX loop, has to be set very high to have any effect.
BTW - and I'm a big fan of the ROV's, my biggest beef is the reverb amd effects loop....just very poorly done IMO...The 20 screws you have to take out to get the back off is no picnic either.
:shock:
bruce1448 said:
Welcome everyone this is my first post but ive been browsing quite a bit..

anyway i have a problem with my series two rectoverb combo

Whenever i use delays or reverb in the loop it somehow makes an infiniate loop or just sounds awful
I'm using a DD-6 mainly...havnt had any problems with the delay and i've tried it with other amps...it works fine

On harmoney central ive read quite a few other peopel had this problem but i couldnt find anything on here about it

Has anyone had this happen to them? if so how should i go about fixing it....and how much $$??

Thanks a ton

-Bruce

Hi Bruce!
I owned a ROV Series 2 for 8 months. (sold it) I had a "couple" of coversations with the tech from Mesa about the parallel loop in it. I was running the Boss DD3, Boss CH1 Chorus and an Analogman TS9 tube screamer. Bottom line they all SUCKED through the loop. The tech finally said to me that the loop was really meant for "rack mount" FX. So I said (to the tech) then basically this thing is worthless for what I want to use it for. (He agreed)

Bruce, do yourself a favor. Go to www.looper.com. You can pick up a great loop pedal for $50-$60. (I bought a dual looper) Put your pedals into the Looper and run it through the front of you ROV. All your pedals will work great and you'll have "true bypass" so you'll preserve your tone when they're not in use. That's what I did and I still use it today through my Lonestar. The thing is GREAT. Read all of the options, the guy will make whatever you want and not put you in the poor house.

I'm telling you, DON'T KNOCK YOURSELF OUT with the parallel loop in your ROV. You'll go crazy with it. It's just not a good design for pedals. (with some it's OK, with some it's bad and with others it down right SUCKS) I'm telling ya, I already went down this road.

Good Luck!
Bob

Latest posts

Back