Rectoverb clean channel distorts at high volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what your settings are?? Run your amps master (the one that controls both channels) up pretty high (over half way up) and keep the channel master as low as it can to get the volume you want and keep the gain as low as you can too.

This is a 50 watt amp and it will distort at fairly medium-high volumes, especially if the bass is up over 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up. The Rectoverb I had didn't have very much clean overhead before it distorted. Some of my problem was partially due to 50wts being pushed through one speaker in an open back combo (I had the combo). That's why I went to 2x12's.

Old power tubes can also make an amp distort at a lower volume than it should too, how old are your tubes?

This is also the combo and i just got on sunday so they are new tubes.But when i say distort its like a heavy crunch distortion.

rowwe11 said:
This is also the combo and i just got on sunday so they are new tubes.But when i say distort its like a heavy crunch distortion.

Not to insult your inteligence, but make sure you are running it in the "clean" not the "pushed" mode.

I have a Rectoverb as well and noticed the cleans breakup at a fairly low volume as well. It's not a heavy crunch, just not the sparkling clean like with my Dual Rec.

Keep messing around with it. If you don't have any luck, try to take it back to where you bought it and see if they have any suggestions. They might be able to help you out.

nope its the clean not the pushed.It doesnt get into the crunch part until its cranked past like 8.

rowwe11 said:
Am i doing somthing wrong?
What pickup are you using with clean tones? I'm assuming some humbuckers! Try (if you have) a single coil option. Or switch to the middle or neck position!

rowwe11 said:
nope its the clean not the pushed.It doesnt get into the crunch part until its cranked past like 8.

The volume or the gain?

Try setting the channel volume all the way up and use the gain the set the volume to taste. Sounds weird, but it works.

lol this has to be a joke, its a TUBE AMP! it has natural tube breakup. look at marshall plexi's, they are clean to start out with but when you turn it to 8 or 9 it becomes a rock monster.

Back