Rectoverb and the Motherload - Amazing!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwnc

Reaction score
I just got a Motherload dummy load / cabinet simulator today and all I can say is amazing! I can plug my Recto head in here and record direct and its close to the cabinet tone I get its crazy. If you havent heard of this you guys should check it out.. I am blown away with it... A great direct sound with no cabinet and the amp is half open!

http://www.motherloadusa.com/

I will do some sound samples if anyone is interested.
Jason

No spam.. I have both amps and was excited about the sound I was getting...I have posted here and at the carvin site alot before this soo..

I will try to do some clips this weekend...

Jason

Elpelotero:

Here are 4 clips 2 with my rectoverb and 2 with my V3. The motherload has a lot of options and I havent even begun to really dial it in perfectly but I found a good setting and left it for both amps.

www.soulfulterrain.com/sounds/Mesa Raw Motherload.mp3
www.soulfulterrain.com/sounds/Mesa Vintage Motherload.mp3
www.soulfulterrain.com/sounds/V3 Blue Motherload.mp3
www.soulfulterrain.com/sounds/V3 Red Motherload.mp3

I know I can get better tones then this but considering the amps were turned out very loud and this is a direct signal, I think its pretty good...

Thanks
Jason

They are expensive, but worth it from my experience - no more grumpy neighbours and good sounding recording - overdrive with LSS sounds the way it should, which is difficult for a speaker emulator.

I think its worth it also, some other things it has is a basic attenuator on it so you can listen to the cabinet while recording or live. Also now that there is a dummy load on the amp you can also run out of the line out into the computer and use a software based cab modeler and have yet another tone palette to choose from.

I am just digging into this unit but I am really happty with it so far.
Jason

www.soulfulterrain.com/sounds/Mesa Raw Motherload.mp3

paste the entire line in the browser

sorry
Jason

Elpelotero:

Thanks I was kinda noodling around trying to play something that would kinda show what tone I was getting.

Jason

Latest posts

Back