Rectoverb 25 issue, constant hum.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWAKO

Reaction score
I've dealt with normal tube issues no problem before, and I'm well aware how to address normal hum issue situations. But my Mini Rectoverb 25 head, regardless of my guitar plugged in will constantly hum the instant I turn off stand by. No guitar signal when I do plug my guitar in. Checked the tubes and they seem fine, plugged my guitar into the return jack, still going. It slowly drifted into this state until the guitar signal completely disappeared and was eclipsed by the hum. I have never ran into this with all of the Mesas I've owned. Does anyone have any insight?

Tried new power tubes, didn't change anything. I'll try preamp tubes next.

I also experience a low hum but only when I have something connected in my FXloop. When I disconnect the entire chain the hum goes away. My amp is new so I haven't changed my preamp tubes for new ones so I believe that could be the reason.

Let me know your findings =)

I had a similar issue on my Orange #4 head, I changed the tube for the fx loop, and it cleared up, it is a common problem on those amps, I suspect it may be the same here.

Sorry to read this. That sucks. I have had 2 MR and a RV25 and no noise like you describe. Sounds awful.

I'd look into the FX loop tube and the PI tube.

Back