rectoverb 2 + Route 66 pedal... (I had to try it)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yohimbe2

Reaction score
OK OK....so I know many people here feel that the recto overdrive is more than anyone could possibly need. I agree that it goes nuclear without a pedal...

But I was curious

I purchased a visual sound 66 for fun and am BLOWN AWAY with the sound. It is very different than the stock over drive and a great second choice. Why would anyone need a distortion pedal? variety

The crunchy distortion is a whole new sound with this pedal. (I love both and now have two very different sounds to choose from)

yohimbe2 - Rectifier purist will always say "why boost" an already great distortion. You found a great sound that you like so run with it.

Have you added a 2x12 rectifier cab yet? That will add yet another selection to the tone pallette for your ROV.

clutch71 said:
yohimbe2 - Rectifier purist will always say "why boost" an already great distortion. You found a great sound that you like so run with it.

Have you added a 2x12 rectifier cab yet? That will add yet another selection to the tone pallette for your ROV.

I understand the purist approach. I have a high end cable that goes directly to my amp for 90% of my playing. But dam it's been fun to switch over and play with pedals. Yes, the RoV gives some great stock sounds...but why limit yourself to only these sounds? The tube screamer distortion (in my Route 66) really screams! You can always pop the cable in and out of your pedal board. (You can have your cake and eat it too)

No 2x12 cab yet. I'm watching ebay for a good deal.....

yohimbe2, I'm playing around with a lot of my pedals on the recto as well. I have a Keeley modded BD-2 that I use to drive other amps that sounds pretty cool in the clean, pushed modes. I've heard clips of that Route 66 pedal and it sounds really nice. To me it makes sense to have the option to drive channel 1 on the amp.... it turns your 2 channel amp into 3. If you have the gear and chance to post some sound clips, I'd love to hear them.

I'll tell you why you should boost a recto: sustain. I added a Zakk Wylde overdrive in front of my amp, I never realized the recto by itself had so little sustain until now.

I have a Route 66 pedal with my Roadster. I havent used it with the amp yet but i'm thinking of using a little bit of compression with it and see how that sounds.

yohimbe2, do you use compression with you ROV? If so how does it sound for you?

funksoldier said:
I have a Route 66 pedal with my Roadster. I havent used it with the amp yet but i'm thinking of using a little bit of compression with it and see how that sounds.

yohimbe2, do you use compression with you ROV? If so how does it sound for you?

At the moment I'm trying to nail the sound of the solo on another brick in the wall. Compression is a must have for this solo, and I am loving the sound I am getting. I'm close, but not quite there.

I'm using a boss cs2 compression unit, and am toying with the compression on the Route 66. (very noisy !) I may even try both together to see if I can squeeze a bit more sustain. The gilmour lead is played clean without distortion and I am struggling to keep some of those notes going.

I just won my Route 66 used and the pedal is very noisy. Do you have any problems with hum/hiss with your 66? Please let me know !

Juancito12 said:
yohimbe2, I'm playing around with a lot of my pedals on the recto as well. I have a Keeley modded BD-2 that I use to drive other amps that sounds pretty cool in the clean, pushed modes. I've heard clips of that Route 66 pedal and it sounds really nice. To me it makes sense to have the option to drive channel 1 on the amp.... it turns your 2 channel amp into 3. If you have the gear and chance to post some sound clips, I'd love to hear them.

I really need to find a good way to record the sound of my amp. I'd love to post the sounds I'm getting. (I have a feeling many of the recto sounds are missed by many here...there are some very interesting tricks to get good sound)

Any tips on ways I can record my mesa to youtube for others? My little video camera is not capturing the sound at all....I'm considering a shure mic and software? (recording is something new to me)

Last thing. I've found the volume and tone controls on my strat have the greatest effect on my tone. I'm getting the sweetest tones with my amp gain high and guitar volume and tone low.(love channel 1 pushed) Single coil pickups/volume/tone and a RoV can do some very magical things.

I'm using a boss cs2 compression unit, and am toying with the compression on the Route 66. (very noisy !) I may even try both together to see if I can squeeze a bit more sustain. The gilmour lead is played clean without distortion and I am struggling to keep some of those notes going.

I just won my Route 66 used and the pedal is very noisy. Do you have any problems with hum/hiss with your 66? Please let me know !

I don't have this problem at all. Simply all you need to do is lower the gain on compression side. Best at 11 - 12:00

I usually use
sustain on 12:00 - 01:00
Tone 11
Gain 11 - 12:00. Tone control on. This seemed to work well with my marshall but im not sure yet if it will work with the roadster yet. i'll let you know.

Latest posts

Back