Rectos aren't tight? bullshit

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not call ch4 of my RK in modern mode tight. In other words when I do a palm mute, I hear a little bit of unwanted fuzz. I can fix it easily enough with a pedal, but I would not call it tight. Now a mark IV, that's tight to me.

Irvine ? Then I must not be too loud. I am in Mission Viejo. :)

Typically, turning the bass down helps tighten things up when the tonestack is pre-distortion (like the F-50). I haven't seen any RK schematics but it sounds like it is post distortion.

Heh, I see choppers and hear bombs all the time. That's life here in Oceanside.

wow, that was some really bad *** riffing! Only thing I have heard from them is their flying whales song... but Im definitely going to check em out some more!

btw, that mesa was REALLY nice.

rectifiers can be tight or loose, it depens on your settings and stuff, but what I've noticed is that my recto sounds tightest when I am playing tight...

i used to get that unwanted "after palm mute" buzz, not anymore since I changed my palm muting technique.

but I don't mean to sound like a "tone is in the fingers" moron

Ohhh, und luhk aht das guhrly-mahn. Beeg mahscles....

Conda the Barbarian.... :lol:

Use the traditional or Stilleto cab....nice and tight! :twisted:

I also use my DR and channels 3 and 4 in my Roadster in solid-state rectifier mode. Just seems to give it more crunch and tighness...without loosing the bottom end.

Hey Gig,
Do you like how channel 3 and 4 in modern sound? Ive heard bad stuff about these channels.

Latest posts

Back