Recto sound in MKV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Softail

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas on getting a recto sound. It is totally two different voicings. After a few suggestions I bought a used single rec and now my MKV has a friend, an evil twin? Anyway, thanks for the various ideas and some that said to just leave the V alone and get a rec. Best idea.

Heritage Softail said:
Thanks for the ideas on getting a recto sound. It is totally two different voicings. After a few suggestions I bought a used single rec and now my MKV has a friend, an evil twin? Anyway, thanks for the various ideas and some that said to just leave the V alone and get a rec. Best idea.

I am thinking about getting a Single Rec head.

I really like both sounds.

i love the single recto for rhythm, but it is too buzzy for lead.. i have a demo of it up on my youtube page

I've got a really nice road case that'll fit your Single Rec if you're interested... :D

I can also give you some pointers on building a MIDI switching setup that'll allow you to run both amps in a rig so you can have all 3 channels of the Mark and 2 channels of the Recto available to you via a MIDI footswitch and have it all route via MIDI to either two cabs or a single cab.

Hendog said:
shogun said:
i love the single recto for rhythm, but it is too buzzy for lead.. i have a demo of it up on my youtube page

Exactly why I have a Mark V.

TealC%2005.jpg

INDEED!

madryan said:
I've got a really nice road case that'll fit your Single Rec if you're interested... :D

I can also give you some pointers on building a MIDI switching setup that'll allow you to run both amps in a rig so you can have all 3 channels of the Mark and 2 channels of the Recto available to you via a MIDI footswitch and have it all route via MIDI to either two cabs or a single cab.

That sounds good on both points. I know nothing about midi stuff, and most of the new tech goodies.

My first amp and guitar were from Sears. A sweet 4 watt solid state silvertone amp. It had tremolo. The guitar was their knock off of an SG. Every day after school I was on tour with Alice Cooper, giving Glen Buxton a run for his money! ha ha!

Will correspond on the amp case $.

Latest posts

Back