Recto gain saturation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ibanez4life SZ! said:
Fluff...I need a beating the horse to death smiley....pronto!

Possibly preceded by a face-palm smiley...

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

horse-1.gif
horse-1.gif
horse-1.gif
horse-1.gif
horse-1.gif
horse-1.gif
horse-1.gif

al_bundy.jpg

fluff191 said:
bermuda_ said:
which knobs change the tone of your sound?

facepalm.gif

I can't believe people are still commenting on this thread.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

I just keep checking in for the lulz.

bermuda_ is making an *** out of himself more and more with each "how to I get more gain" thread.

What is this...15 "How do I get more gain/saturation/metal toanz/blech durr durr/
facepalm.gif
/why does my amp sound like ****/how do I.....threads now?

I'll try and post a clip of me playing my amp, hopefully that will help shed some light on the situation.

Actions speak louder than words right :mrgreen:

How about you grab a digital camera and just do a quick youtube video? It will give us a quicker and better idea IMO...properly micing can be difficult and really not get the point across if you do it wrong.

Eric

Right I'll try and record a few clip using my digital camera, hopefully the sound quality will sound decent.

I know what he means, I have a RK1 and even with the gain up full it will clean up if you don't milk the legato phrases.Obviously this dose not happen at volume .I end up putting a boost pedal in front,not for the tone but for the feel. In fairness not many amps have enough gain to play this stuff at low volume and not have the same issues .The best 100 watt tube amp heads for this that I've found plugged straight in are Engl and the Marshall JVM 410 ,these have the opposite problem in that everyone dimes the gain and they turn to mush.

eagle said:
I know what he means, I have a RK1 and even with the gain up full it will clean up if you don't milk the legato phrases.Obviously this dose not happen at volume .I end up putting a boost pedal in front,not for the tone but for the feel. In fairness not many amps have enough gain to play this stuff at low volume and not have the same issues .The best 100 watt tube amp heads for this that I've found plugged straight in are Engl and the Marshall JVM 410 ,these have the opposite problem in that everyone dimes the gain and they turn to mush.

Sorry, but the JVM410H I tried sounded horrible when the gain is dimed...

bermuda_ said:
I'll try and post a clip of me playing my amp, hopefully that will help shed some light on the situation.

Actions speak louder than words right :mrgreen:
What exactly are you trying to prove? That you can't manage to get a performance tube amp to sound decent at volume 2? :lol: COME ON dude

You bought a freaking dual rectifier man! These are professional amps made to play monster gigs with! The other day this guy had a dual rec set up at a small bar to play cover songs and he had a hard time taming it so it wouldn't blow the fucking place apart.

Anyways, it is possible to get the amp to sound decent at low volumes, not really bedroom volumes though, more like garage volumes. Also, you're running this through a 4x12? If you are don't even bother bro, you'll never get it to work right.

I had a dual rec running through 2x12's and it was insanely loud for home use. I had to move it to the garage and use EAR PLUGS to turn it up loud enough so it could sound decent. This amp has more than enough gain to do anything you want... i think you should sell it and look for a combo more suited to your needs.

Let this thead die...Bermuda is a troll....I spent a LONG post with good questions to actually narrow down his 'problem', and he hasn't even bothered to reply.

I think I can honestly say the problem isn't in the amp.

Eric

KH Guitar Freak said:
eagle said:

You don't need to dime the gain for it to Kill a recto (in terms of gain,) 5 will do .use yore ears to get a sound ,not your eyes .Anyone who can't get a killer tone out of this amp either can't work it or can't play. Not that I'm suggesting your either of these, but do go and give it another try with OD1 orange and the gain on 5, this is still way more gain than the recto, if you have hot pickups you will go to mush if you go higher. Just because you can get a bad tone by miss dialing dose not mean this is not a killer amp.

Just put you favorite booster or tubescreamer in the front end and you will be hearing it like most recorded lead tones are anyway. The recto simply is not that gainy on it's own ,this is not for the tone ,but the feel.

eagle said:
KH Guitar Freak said:
eagle said:

You don't need to dime the gain for it to Kill a recto (in terms of gain,) 5 will do .use yore ears to get a sound ,not your eyes .Anyone who can't get a killer tone out of this amp either can't work it or can't play. Not that I'm suggesting your either of these, but do go and give it another try with OD1 orange and the gain on 5, this is still way more gain than the recto, if you have hot pickups you will go to mush if you go higher. Just because you can get a bad tone by miss dialing dose not mean this is not a killer amp.

Ok, I read the statement I quoted you wrong. I thought you were saying the JVM sounds decent with the gain dimed. Again, my apologies. Nevertheless, I still find the JVM noisy and thin sounding. Personally, a Recto still sounds better, albeit they both have different voicings...

Ok, I read the statement I quoted you wrong. I thought you were saying the JVM sounds decent with the gain dimed. Again, my apologies. Nevertheless, I still find the JVM noisy and thin sounding. Personally, a Recto still sounds better, albeit they both have different voicings..
No worries, I have both and love both. different doesn't always have to mean worse.

eagle said:
Ok, I read the statement I quoted you wrong. I thought you were saying the JVM sounds decent with the gain dimed. Again, my apologies. Nevertheless, I still find the JVM noisy and thin sounding. Personally, a Recto still sounds better, albeit they both have different voicings..
No worries, I have both and love both. different doesn't always have to mean worse.

I have a JCM 900, not listed in my gear, but agree with you completely on the different voicing thing. I can't remember what song has the line, "Don't confuse something different with something better.

IMO if you really want an excellent modded Marshall sound, just get an SLO-100. I recently aquired one and the whole Marshall Marshall Marshall issue is done, stick a fork in it. The SLO gets me every Marshall sound I want and then beyond. This is not the SLO forum so I won't go on about that.

Rectifier is a great amp when in the hands of someone that knows how to work a tube amp in a band context and within what it is designed to do. The OP is a troll Recto hater DB that just pops up every once in a while to slag on Boogie. The Recto was so amazing when it first came out almost created a music movement in heavy riffing. The Rectifier is responsibe for launching more bands than Mel Bay....

Latest posts

Back