Rectifier "Solo" function with GCX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamTXBK

Reaction score
Anyone know the secret to this? I can't get the Solo boost on my 3 ch. Triple Rec. to work with my GCX/Ground Control Setup. All the channel switching works fine, but whenever there's a lead in the Solo jack, the Solo seems stuck ON. And I've tried changing the switch in the GCX from "momentary" to "latched" or whatever the options are called. Thanks.

Normally open - normally closed. Diagrams in the manual. You can do the same thing for reverb and channel switching.

I unplugged everything from the external switching jacks and just plugged in the standard Rectifier footswitch. The solo boost works fine! So I don't know what the problem is. All my other channel switching on the GCX works fine. When I have a loop on the GCX setup for the "Solo" function on the Mesa, it just stays on. Both the Solo and Output controls control the master volume, but no solo boost.

Also anyone know what the deal is with the Channel 2 jack? If the Rectifiers default to the 2nd channel, what is the purpose of having the jack there?

Thanks guys.

Have you tried switching the SOLO through the external trigger with a simple short to ground to make sure the external trigger in your amp is functioning correctly? Take an old patch cable and plug it into the trigger jack, use a short piece of wire to connect the tip of the other end's plug to it's sleeve, that should turn on the SOLO function. Remove that wire and the SOLO should go off. This will verify the external trigger jack is working correctly.

On the GCX, you need to use the N.O. (normally open) switching jack, and confirm it is indeed being switched with the GCP. Maybe try a different GCX loop to verify if there is a problem there also.

If the amp is indeed functioning properly per the test I mentioned above, you might want to post this at the Voodoo Lab forum. Lots of good help there as well.
Here's a link: Voodoo Lab Forum

Good Luck!

Dom

Latest posts

Back