Rectifier: Fluid/Liquid Lead (solo) Tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys! Can't find a fluid lead tone out of a Roadster or Rectifier without using a stomp box? I don't know what to say. I only use a DOS MOS boost to get channel two in the Brit mode cranking, but that is it. Channel 3 and 4 don't need any boost IMO. I guess, to each his own...

Orange channel, vintage mode, presence off, tube recto, maxon od808 with the level cranked, tone down.

I love the smooth tone I get like that. Smooth, singing, clear, amazing.

I've actually have found it since my post here!

Channel 2 Vintage is oozing with a smooth lead tone! LOVE IT!

I've actually have found it since my post here!

Channel 2 Vintage is oozing with a smooth lead tone! LOVE IT!

so how long have you owned this amp and not known the beautiful secret known as CH2 vintage ? welcome to a whole new world. if you haven't already i would suggest using tube and spongy to with it.

BENNY said:
so how long have you owned this amp and not known the beautiful secret known as CH2 vintage ? welcome to a whole new world. if you haven't already i would suggest using tube and spongy to with it.

+1 Ch2 Vintage on the 3ch's is great.

I wouldn't go with Tube AND spongy, just tube. I think Bold keeps an edge to it. Just a personal preference though.

Tube/bold + channel 2 + vintage = recto bliss, there's no finer setting in my mind.

I use an Ibby TS-7 that's been modded into a TS808 (and has the equivalent to the AnalogMan "brown" mod) in front of my Triple, with the drive off, tone at about 9:00, and level to match. On channel 2, I'm *almost* in SLO-land - thick, creamy, and sweet. On channel three, it retains the vicious edge while tightening up the bottom slightly. I can also use it on cleans to get that "bit o'grit" sound, like a cranked Bassman.

Overall, I'm really happy with what it's done to the amp. I have it set up so it switches in and out via MIDI with the rest of my FX (G-Major in the loop), so that each individual patch has the OD on or off. Gives great flexibility for my cover band, too...

It took me a while, but Channel 2 vintage has an amazing lead tone...even better with the E-34Ls IMO.

It's too loose for rythmn for my liking, but for lead, it just rips!

yeah, you don't want to use it for rytthem playin'. i bet it sounds awesome with the el-34's. i also like it knocked down to 50watts as well.

Back