Rect-o-Verb Series I vs Series II footswitch difference?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I have a Series II RoV combo and just bought a footswitch for it on eBay (it didn't come with one). The footswitch is the kind with a midi cable permanently attached. I did not know this until I received it and did not even know they made one with the cable attached. Anyway, I hooked it up to my amp and it will not change my amp's channels although the solo feature works. My only guess is that it is a Series I footswitch and will not work with my Series II because Mesa changed the switching method for the Series II to improve the switching speed. Anyone know for sure? I've contacted the seller to see if he'll give me a refund. I've not mentioned the Series difference theory I've come up with. I'm hoping I can just ship it back to him and get a refund...

Hey, you are right! Well, I think it might have screwed up my channel switching. I hooked it up again last night to make sure I hadn't done something wrong the first time I tried it and now I can't switch to CH2! I'm gonna have to use my warranty to get it fixed... Not positive it was the footswitch, but it sure seems likely. I was changing out preamp tubes for giggles last night too. I've started a thread in the 'modern era amps' section for troubleshooting. My warranty ends in less than a month so I gotta do something ASAP!

As for the footswitch - the seller is accepting it back and giving me a refund once received...

As you said, clutch71, Mesa confirmed that there are two footswitches and the Series I will not work with a Series II RoV. Marcus also mentioned that using the wrong footswitch should not harm the amp - it just won't work. I told him about my issues with the amp since using the wrong footswitch to see if he has any ideas...

I also have a series II that came with no footswitch. I also purchased a used RoV I series footswitch on line and also found that it would not switch the channel. This is because the LED is in series with the footswitch and shorts to ground all of the time. By simply removing the LED (snip snip ) I was able to get the series I footswitch to work. Right now I am looking for some help locating a series II footswitch schematic in hopes of restoring the LED function.

So I have a RoV Series II amp, and a series one switcher that does not function correctly as it iw wired for the Series 1 amp.

Of course the series ONE footswitch does not change the channels or the reverb, but DOES kick in the SOLO function.

Anyone know the wiring differences that need to be RECTOFIED :lol: in order to get it to switch the REVERB and Channel on?

I'm not great at reading schematics, I wish I was.

Thanks in advance

Mr. Slate

Latest posts

Back