Recommend a Good EQ to use with RK II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
I know what I want to do with it as far as futher tayloring my sound --leads, etc.....I just never used one (other than the Mesa built -in on the Marks)....So I'd like the opinion of those of you who use them on a regular basis.

Things I am looking for in an EQ pedal:

1. Quiet (True Bypass) - little to no tone degradation
2. Compact
3. At least 7 bands

Any other features would be ....gravy :wink:

something i noticed that's really interesting about the mesa EQ's is that they have completey different frequencies compared to all other conventional equalizers. the only other company out there that has copied Mesa's EQ pattern is Line6, but unfortunately they do not sell an individual pedal for it. you need to buy a pod or something.

most graphic eq's should work well. anything from boss to mxr, to the danelectro fish n chips.

another course of action would be to buy a parametric eq which will let YOU pick the frequency rather than the company pick it for you. these are more $$$ tho.

Rane ME60. its a 2 channel, 30 band PA EQ. its super super clean, has bypass on both channels, and a high and low frequency rolloff for each channel. plus, you can find em for like 100 bucks. definetly huge bang for the buck.

Schmoog said:
Rane ME60. its a 2 channel, 30 band PA EQ. its super super clean, has bypass on both channels, and a high and low frequency rolloff for each channel. plus, you can find em for like 100 bucks. definetly huge bang for the buck.

I saw that ME60 -- that is one brute sized EQ....that's definitely not what I am looking for -- way too big, and I want an EQ in a pedal sized form factor.

I already have the brute of the RK II combo to lug around, I don't want to drag a rack and my pedal board too.

Thanks for the feedback though....pls keep them coming.

I would HIGHLY reccommend a MXR 10-Band EQ pedal or the KFK EQ. (thier pretty much the same thing except the KFK has 2 outputs to run to seperate rigs simultaneously) I use to use one of these a while back when I had my DR head for solos and for scooped mid metal sonds. The pedal is AWSOME!!!! Quiet as a mouse also. I would suggest to try this out first.

Latest posts

Back