Recently acquired DC-10 question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IonicR009

Reaction score
Traded an amp for this DC-10 combo. The amp seems to function great and sounds awesome.
IMG_7245.jpeg

But checking the board I noticed this area that seems to have overheated and wondering if this is something of concern?
IMG_7249.jpeg

IMG_7251.jpeg

That area looks to have been worked on. Mesa does not usually install resistors with "legs" that long, so those have been replaced. The solder also does not look to be factory.
Might’ve been worked on after a few resistors burnt out and they just didn’t bother to clean the board? Or just used so much heat they burnt the board them selves 😅
Not the most attractive solder job either.

Didn’t have time to take the board out again, Jamme but will do if I bring this monster back home from our rehearsal space.

Might’ve been worked on after a few resistors burnt out and they just didn’t bother to clean the board? Or just used so much heat they burnt the board them selves 😅
Not the most attractive solder job either.

Didn’t have time to take the board out again, Jamme but will do if I bring this monster back home from our rehearsal space.
Mesa Boogies from that era have a conformal coating on the boards, which once it gets discolored, can be a royal PITA to clean. That very well could be from the heat exposure that was suffered, which is also why the replacement resistors were put up higher.

Mesa Boogies from that era have a conformal coating on the boards, which once it gets discolored, can be a royal PITA to clean. That very well could be from the heat exposure that was suffered, which is also why the replacement resistors were put up higher.
So in other words, nothing to worry about

Latest posts

Back