Recapping Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glawk

Reaction score
I have a question for those who have recapped their 2C+. It hasn't been done to mine yet, would it be a worthwhile maintenance thing for me? What cost am I looking at?

On a side note, I just got a new cab with V30's.... what kind of presence setting do you use with your v30 loaded cab (I can't decide between 2 or 3)?

Thanks guys

Sorry man, it's been a rough week. Mike Bentinelli @ Mesa did my C+ for just under $200. Shipping (and insurance) was about $60 each way.
If it hasn't been done, DO IT!
See 'ya, Jim

It's $150 in our shop, + shipping both ways.
This includes an all around tune-up and thorough cleaning.
I clean all pots and jacks, and clean and re-tension all tube sockets.
I also clean the inside and outside of the chassis.

If it's a combo, I usually request that just the chassis be sent to me to save on shipping.
I am a stickler for shipping methods though and won't accept an amp unless it has been packaged properly. I've had a couple of amps arrive damaged and would really like to avoid this.

Let me know if you're interested. I will be out of town for the remainder of the week, but I can get back to you on Monday if you like.

I was quoted around $200 + shipping to have the entire amp "checked" and caps replaced as needed.

Latest posts

Back