Rebuilt my iic+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blueracer said:
Thank you for all the kind words. It was a labor of love. When I first saw this amp and after my initial reaction this is what I thought it could be. I knew there was a nice amplifier inside trying to get out. There are far too few of these around to let them go to the scrap heap.

To answer a few questions. The front panel is a Mark III with the middle pull blacked out. I got it from Mesa. They seem to have the Mark III front panels available but not the Mark IICs. The amp did belong to the guitarist from Rhino Bucket. When I spoke with him he was kind of embarrassed about how he treated the amp particularly when he found out that it was somewhat special. I don't think he realized what he had for most the time he had the amp.

Stuart great to hear from you my friend. I hope the 2:90 is holding up for you.

How much was the tweed faceplate with logo?I called Mesa about my greenstripe long head and some guy said 150.00 bucks,seemed a bit high for a piece of wood with tweed on it held up by velcro.

powerlord said:
How much was the tweed faceplate with logo?I called Mesa about my greenstripe long head and some guy said 150.00 bucks,seemed a bit high for a piece of wood with tweed on it held up by velcro.

The faceplate with the logo was recovered from the original head. The logo which was missing from the original head was from another head I had and I had the grill cloth from another project. So my cost was basically zero. I have seen other posts that claim the cost of replacement for this item is in the vicinity that you gave. It seems high to me also.

merendina said:
Incredible!

Back in Black! :lol:

Thank you for the kind words. Back in Black. I like that and it is now the unoffical name for this amp.

BTW welcome to the board. I saw your post on your iic+. Glad to hear that the board members were able to help you out with the Limit issue. Take care and hope to see you around the board and your English is fine.

Blueracer said:
merendina said:
Incredible!

Back in Black! :lol:

Thank you for the kind words. Back in Black. I like that and it is now the unoffical name for this amp.

BTW welcome to the board. I saw your post on your iic+. Glad to hear that the board members were able to help you out with the Limit issue. Take care and hope to see you around the board and your English is fine.

Thanks Bluracer, glad to be part of this crazy and funny board. the guys have helped my neighborhood :)
enjoy this Christmas holydays and add a blue bow on "Back In Black"
:)

meursault said:
**** !! how did you recognize it ?

I bought the amp off of ebay. It was listed as a 1984 iic+. In fact it was a 1983 iic converted to iic+. Here is the original thread on this amp.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13750

WOW!!!..I have never seen a C+ that looks like that. I guess I haven't been around that far. Or that was a joke that flew about a mile over my head.

your work on it is amazing... but the "before" look was cool as well :D
in fact i like that kind of so-called ugly look... he was one of his kind :D

btw how much did you paid ?

gts said:
Stonge said:
WOW!!!..I have never seen a C+ that looks like that. I guess I haven't been around that far. Or that was a joke that flew about a mile over my head.
No joke it was in the condition you see in that thread. A jewel hidden in rags. Many would have overlooked it failing to see the beauty within. And as ugly as it may have looked the sweet tone it produced is what it's all about anyway. Even if blueracer didn't restore it's "outer self" it would still have been worth every penny he paid to get it! In fact it was a great deal. Cudos to him for seeing it for what it was while all the naysayers cursed it. Now look at the reactions!!

It's kind of like the big ugly fat woman that was singing behind the curtain while the vixen lip sinked. Don't under estimate or judge based on looks alone, blueracer didn't!! If you heard this amp without seeing it you would have wanted it! Others only saw it and scoffed. Man, some people just don't get it!

How did he get the chasis repainted? or did he buy another mark chasis?

gts said:
Stonge said:
How did he get the chasis repainted? or did he buy another mark chasis?
Repainted??
Do you mean Re-tolexed ?
If you mean the paint on the inside go to any hardware store buy a can of flat black spray paint.

The face of the chasis looks completely different than the finished product.

Latest posts

Back