Quick tube/MKIV question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickyrick

Reaction score
Hey Guy's, I just aquired a pair of =C= SVEL34's. I want to try them in the class A sockets. I told the person I got them from that I wanted them for a Mesa and he assured me that they were OK for the amp. The only thing on the Box is the Plate Current ( 37.8ma ) and the Transconductance (5550). That's it. Can anyone tell me if they are safe to pop into the amp with that information? Thanks for your help as always.

No fears! My EL34's for my Mark IV are 34.3/4540 and even then they are running cold as hell in all modes. with these tubes installed in my amp the current draw is about 12.8 all said and done in the amp about 6 watts

I forget what the stock Mesa's were but even colder than this.

But when running all 6L6's those outer sockets get allot hotter and more in spec. those outer sockets really need a switch or something

6L6C said:
No fears! My EL34's for my Mark IV are 34.3/4540 and even then they are running cold as hell in all modes. with these tubes installed in my amp the current draw is about 12.8 all said and done in the amp about 6 watts

I forget what the stock Mesa's were but even colder than this.

But when running all 6L6's those outer sockets get allot hotter and more in spec. those outer sockets really need a switch or something

Hey John, I PM'ed you. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back