Quick question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robson780

Reaction score
So I fixed my noise problem with my Triple Rec. I took it in and apparently it was a cold solder on a dirty tube socket.

Now, I was just wondering, whenever the amp is turned on, warms up, and then flipped off standby to play mode, it makes some scratchy crackle noise for about maybe two seconds, and then all is quiet. I did just retube it with JJs, could this still possibly be a noisy tube?

Thanks guys.

It's just some residual capacitance in the circuitry. Mesa's are famous for it. Nothing wrong.

How do you like the sound of the JJs? I'm thinking of retubing my Stiletto Ace with them.

Chris McKinley said:
It's just some residual capacitance in the circuitry. Mesa's are famous for it. Nothing wrong.
Oh really? Mesas sure are known for their fair share of pops and noises hahah.

secretsoundz said:
How do you like the sound of the JJs? I'm thinking of retubing my Stiletto Ace with them.

They sound SO much better than the stock Mesa tubes. Not as harsh, a bit more dimensional I found, more depth. Def. worth it.

Scratchy crackle noise? The only time one of my amps has ever done that is when the power tube socket was not correctly connected to the circuit. Are you sure whoever did the work knew what he was doing?

mrd said:
Scratchy crackle noise? The only time one of my amps has ever done that is when the power tube socket was not correctly connected to the circuit. Are you sure whoever did the work knew what he was doing?

This started before I took it in. Tech was a qualified Mesa repairman, the best in my city.

Back