Question: Return knob settings (and definition of 'dime')

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
Two questions:

1) In an interview Andy Timmons mentions that setting the loop return knob past 12 on an LSC really changes the tone. Anybody experimented with this? Suggested sample settings?

2) People often say e.g. 'Dime the gain'; I've always assumed that means turn it to 10 (i.e. all the way up); that's a correct interpretation, er, correct?

Thanks as always

GeoBull said:
Two questions:

1) In an interview Andy Timmons mentions that setting the loop return knob past 12 on an LSC really changes the tone. Anybody experimented with this? Suggested sample settings?

2) People often say e.g. 'Dime the gain'; I've always assumed that means turn it to 10 (i.e. all the way up); that's a correct interpretation, er, correct?

Thanks as always

1) I'm not familiar with the LSC, but if it has a Tube Driven FX loop then turning up the loop controls can introduce more "tube dynamics". I know with the Triple Recto I had increasing the send level would definatly influence tone.

2) You are correct, to "Dime" a control is to turn it up to 10 (max).

Dom

I run my loop return at about 1 o'clock. It seems to bring the amp to life, giving it a bit more gain and sparkle. I'm sure there's a better or more technical description for what it does, but thats the best a humble mesa beginner can muster :oops: :D

Latest posts

Back