Help with settings on Tremoverb...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TremoJem

Reaction score
I have two Tremoverbs and run them in stereo, while using Strymon stereo pedals in the loop.

To get the cleans as clean as I want them and keep rehearsal volume levels at a good usable point (loud), I set both channels to be level with each other and then use the Loop Active Master (LAM) to control both amps individually and get them even in volume as well.

My problem is that my gain channel never really gets higher than just past the point of "off" or zero.

Clean channel settings are: Gain= 9:00, Master= 12:00.
Gain channel settings are: Gain= 1:00, Master= 6:00-7:00 or just "on".
Loop Active Master settings are: 12:00

So I tried something. First I plugged a patch cable into the send/return. Then, with the LAM on 12:00, I turned the loop on/off to set unity gain. With the send level at around 1:00, it was perfect.

I then maxed the master on the clean channel and increased the gain to about 10:00 plus a pinch more.

I then dropped the LAM to about 9:00 and increased the gain channel master to about 9:00 with maybe a pinch more.

It sounded incredible, faster attack, fuller, kinda like the effect you get from a clean boost, and a little more compressed, but not by much.

Don't get me wrong, the other way did not sound anemic or thin, just not like this, and I hated that I could never get the gain channel master past "just barely on"...for some reason if bothered me, and I thought, "there must be something better".

I A/B'd the two Tremoverbs against each other (not having changed any original settings on the other Tremoverb), and it really sounded better.

It seems as if I lost a little clean when I use the gain channel and use my guitar volume knob to back off and clean it up a bit, but that is kinda expected, considering the change I made...I guess. I don't like that loss of control at all, but do like the tone and feel of the new settings. Also the gain channel is not as gained out...or maybe a better word is cleaner by just a little bit, which is odd, because I would think that backing off my guitar volume knob would work better in that application. I figure less gain on the amp and the better cleans when backing down on the guitar volume knob.

I will have to experiment with it tonight, as I did not have a lot of time last night.

You can't get something for nothing I guess.

So here is my question...what is happening here and is this a preferred setting, I know that is a stupid question, as I know if it sounds good...well then it sounds good.

But I really want to know if anyone else has done or is doing this, and if it is bad for the amp, etc.

Just really want your opinions and observations based on what I am doing, thanks guys.

Back