Question on slave output w/ Marshall head aka Metallica

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieamir

Reaction score
I just got a loaded Mark IIC+ and I am wanting to use the slave output with a Marshall head like Metallica did. Do I just plug a cable from the slave to the guitar input on the marshall head, or the FX return? Then does my guitar just plug into the Mesa, or the marshall? I am trying to duplicate the setup that Metallica used for Master of Puppets album. I still have plenty of other things to get (more mics etc), but I just need to know the basics before I invest in the marshall head. Any info anyone has on settings for this amp to get the Master of Puppets sound would be very helpful.

The slave out or FX send of the Mark to FX return of the Marshall. Don't forget to have a speaker load on the Mark.

Sorry if I am asking a stupid questions, as I am a newbie. what do you mean by speaker load?

I did a little reading online, and I guess you mean to make sure the mesa head is also plugged into a speaker. does anyone have any more info on the ideal way to do this setup?

This should help you out a lot. Engineers personal notes on the recording.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/58664-condenser-mic-identification-metallica.html

Latest posts

Back