Question on Mark V-90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcontour

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I see lots of photos of the Mark V-90 combos...some have the metal cage over the power tubes and some have a solid metal bar across the entire back of the cabinet. What is the current solution, and when did it change from the previous one?

Thanks!

Michael

I believe the metal bar dates back to 2009-2011 (?). After that point, they went to the metal cage setup on all of their products and not just the Mark V. Most of my amps were purchased 2012 to current time. All of them have the metal cage setup. It may be due to UL safety regulations as the cage protects the tubes from damage during operation than the simple bar. UL safety methods are odd, turn the appliance power on and whack it with a hammer, did it create an unsafe condition that could result in fire or electric shock? Ok, it is not quite that crude but may as well be. Instead of a hammer, they use a trailer hitch ball attached to a metal cord and swing it on a pendulum device. Depends on the product and how the standard was written. Since it is a guitar amp, they may use a guitar neck with strings attached and slam it into the amp in the fashion of Pete Townshend.

Latest posts

Back